Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
680 Posts
they have no intention to sell at that price, this is the same vehicle in the youtube video, probably a PR stunt with that markup
truly LMAO
SEL is the most abundant trim of SC, in a month or two, they will be sold at a discount for sure

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity
1,021 Posts
I hope they like washing it to keep their LuxCare looking luxy :ROFLMAO:

They might want to pick up some rat traps to put under the hood to keep them from eating the organic wiring while it sits on the lot collecting dust.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
486 Posts
As I mentioned my dealer said I won't even be able to try to get a SC before three months have passed. The markups will be insane. So much for that Limited I had my eye set on.

·
Registered
72 Posts
They might want to pick up some rat traps to put under the hood to keep them from eating the organic wiring while it sits on the lot collecting dust.
Rodents love those soy-based wires. Chipmunks ate right through the engine wiring harness on my Tucson while it was parked on my driveway. Reminds me I’ll need to tape up some wires if I get the SC!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Keep posting the names of these scum bag dealers so we know which ones to NEVER visit.

I pity the fool that pays over MSRP for any vehicle, much less a mass produced vehicle like this. You will not be seeing any SC collectors editions at Barrett Jackson in 30 years :ROFLMAO: heck I have a limited edition C7 (#380 of 500) and bought it used for nearly 1/2 off it’s original MSRP after just 5 years.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,135 Posts
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! Good luck. I can't quite make out the small writing on the sign behind it though ... what's their "Vehicle Match Guarantee"? Is that a price match guarantee? If so, just bring a sticker from a non-scuzzball dealership and make them beat it. LOL 20k markup ... I want the California bud they be smokin'!!

·
Registered
654 Posts
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! Good luck. I can't quite make out the small writing on the sign behind it though ... what's their "Vehicle Match Guarantee"? Is that a price match guarantee? If so, just bring a sticker from a non-scuzzball dealership and make them beat it. LOL 20k markup ... I want the California bud they be smokin'!!
It looks like: "<??????> THE BEST TIRES FOR YOUR VEHICLE"

·
Registered
350 Posts
The one thing that is a little misleading in the post is he includes the factory charges for the Activity Package and destination as though they are add-ons instead of the factory MSRP... but still over $14,000 is more than crazy.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nope... As I said before, it's an "I want" vehicle, so I can wait until this episode of the Twilight Zone ends.....If they are not willing to go down to at least sticker price, I can do without it. Someone on the SC FaceBook page said a Florida dealer was asking $49K for an SEL Premium AWD ....

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Nope... As I said before, it's an "I want" vehicle, so I can wait until this episode of the Twilight Zone ends.
Same here... just another reason I'll hang out until November before I even bother entertaining actually buying one. Hopefully by then dealers will be reasonable... I doubt it because sleaze ball doesn't wash off even after multiple baths.

·
Registered
654 Posts
The one thing that is a little misleading in the post is he includes the factory charges for the Activity Package and destination as though they are add-ons instead of the factory MSRP... but still over $14,000 is more than crazy.
View attachment 1119
"A little misleading" is a bit too kind-hearted, I think.

The dealer can quickly discount his $10K "Market Adjustment" to show how reasonable he is.

Then, he can let you beat him down on the $3500 "Value Package" to show what a tough negotiator you are.

Finally, as a last-ditch sacrifice to 'move the unit' -- if you'll buy it today -- he can pay the $900 for the "Paint Seal" out of his own pocket.

But, alas, he says, shaking his head slowly, there is nothing he can do about the "Activity Package" and "Freight Charges," since they are factory costs he has no control over <sigh>. (Nevermind that they were already added into the MSRP''s $27190 -- that is his own $4500 "Dealer Enhancement Fee.")

You're stealing the thing, since he's discounted it by $14500 for you -- why, that's a third off!

And, don't forget the 'invoice' cost for the dealer is also somewhere around $1500 below the MSRP, so he's actually up by $6K without any other holdbacks.)

Now, let's see what the appraiser thinks about that nice looking trade-in you brought. I heard he was really in a good mood today....

1 - 20 of 45 Posts