Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Limited in Blue Stone
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Peter at the Kia Hyundai channel just posted a new video on YouTube about winter driving with your SC. He points the different driving modes and their effect on traction.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Cool that he showed the AWD graph and how the car sends power to the rear from the get-go. Obvious the traction control was doing its thing. Being in FL I'll never drive in snow but slippery boat ramps are going to be a common occurrence so the mode will still be helpful based on this video.

·
Registered
2022 Ultimate, Sage Grey, Dark Green two-tone leather
231 Posts
Cool that he showed the AWD graph and how the car sends power to the rear from the get-go. Obvious the traction control was doing its thing. Being in FL I'll never drive in snow but slippery boat ramps are going to be a common occurrence so the mode will still be helpful based on this video.
Never say never. With all this talk about climate change it will be snowing in Florida HAHA

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Snowed in Ft. Lauderdale in '77. (Just a light dusting, but still....)

Reactions: JMII

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Snowed in Ft. Lauderdale in '77. (Just a light dusting, but still....)
I remember that day very well... I was in kindergarten and the shocked looked on teachers faces said it all. It was like those scenes in Independence Day when everyone is outside starring at the huge flying saucers, expect we were watching snow flurries :eek:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
And, a couple of years later, Time magazine had a cover showing huge glaciers covering New York City with a story about "The Coming Ice Age!"

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Limited in Blue Stone
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went to high school in the 70's and I remember the predictions of a coming ice age due to air pollution. There was also the prediction that by 1994, farmers wouldn't be able to grow enough food to feed the world due to the population explosion. Since then, I have always taken grandiose predictions with a grain of salt.

Reactions: Sparkland
1 - 9 of 9 Posts