Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Elsewhere, I've posted that I wouldn't buy an SC if there was the "market adjustment" charge on it and I wasn't crazy about having to pay MSRP. I've never paid that before. I've been so interested in this vehicle since the 2015 concept and told my wife at that time if it ever went to production, I'm buying one. When the SC went to production, I asked SWMBO if she'd remembered that statement and she did. I told her it wouldn't be for a while and maybe not til next year depending on the price.

Flash forward to a couple of weeks ago after my mentally obsessing about the SC and reading here on the forums I couldn't wait anymore. I asked if she would be terribly upset if I were to begin looking now. Again, I wasn't going to pay the ripe-off charge, just what is normal with MSRP. I found a strong possibility on the web but didn't do anything right away. For days, I keep seeing it listed. It was on so long I thought the dealer was just keeping it up to generate interest but had already sold it. Some on here mentioned using CoPilot and decided to try it. Sure enough, it was there and didn't show it was overpriced.

I gave the dealer a call, Zimbrick Eastside Hyundai in Madison, WI. I immediately said to the salesman, before we get going, I need to know if you are adding the market adjustment to the MSRP. He said the dealership doesn't believe in doing that so no. I told him I would be there in an hour and a half and he put a hold on it. As I was getting about to go out the door, he called and asked if I was indeed coming because another person called wanting to get it. Of course, I said I want it and left.

Since last Thursday, I am now the :love::love:owner of a Black SEL AWD. Only floormats and OEM trailer hitch were added. I'm really pleased with the transaction. Coming from a 2008 GLS Sonata, this thing is a behemoth! 馃ぃ

Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Plant
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity
So happy for you! That's the same model I have. Everything has been wonderful so far. Congrats on graduating from the "wanters" club to the "owner" club. (y)(y)

Registered
One thing about the black, it shines like a mirror. No other color has that particular magic.

Reactions: rrb53765

Registered
(y) Black for me....But only because it was the only one in the valley :) I would of preferred a white one...Mine is a SE FWD(If I had a choice it would of been White SEL activity pkg AWD) but hey...this one is very nice also..come snow will tell me if I'm fine or not...Might need a set of snow tires.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am very happy for you...though personally, I could never buy black!
Light shades for me....
Stealthy at night here!:cool: My preference was Hampton grey but you have to buy what's available. The only color I would have been a hard pass on Mojave sand. I know some really want that color, nothing against them, just not for me. The sales guy called it "hang around brown". People come in and test it then look for anything else available.

Registered
Yep gold metal flake

Registered
Stealthy at night here!:cool: My preference was Hampton grey but you have to buy what's available. The only color I would have been a hard pass on Mojave sand. I know some really want that color, nothing against them, just not for me. The sales guy called it "hang around brown". People come in and test it then look for anything else available.
Guess they better discount it!

Registered
Just had my front windows Tinted....$129

Registered
Lol. I saw ur cruz when I was up at Zimbricks a few days b4 you called on it. I was putting money down on a black sel premium that was just alloted to them. Zimbricks has a good reputation, I bought a used fj cruiser from them years ago. Just thought it was funny how I saw ur cruz and then seeing again on this forum. Congrats!!! Mine is supposed to be in b4 Nov 2nd. Cait wait!

Registered
In the past 30 years we have bought seven new vehicles from Zimbrick. I always wanted to dicker on the price and they always said "No". They posted a price on the windshield and that was the price everyone paid. Always had great customer service and very few minor issues with the Buick vehicles we purchased from salesman Bill Smith, great guy to work with. Would shop there again in a heartbeat, but we no longer live in Madison.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Lol. I saw ur cruz when I was up at Zimbricks a few days b4 you called on it. I was putting money down on a black sel premium that was just alloted to them. Zimbricks has a good reputation, I bought a used fj cruiser from them years ago. Just thought it was funny how I saw ur cruz and then seeing again on this forum. Congrats!!! Mine is supposed to be in b4 Nov 2nd. Cait wait!
LOL! When I asked my sales guy how it was able to sit on the lot so long, he told me he didn't know but they got three orders from it. I figured it was divine intervention that I got it.馃槆 I'm sure you'll love it when it comes in.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts