Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several dealers over at the Maverick camp are offering 3-4% off invoice. Just wondering if it's happening on the Cruz?

·
Registered
TBD
49 Posts
I would love to know this as well. Would be a no brainer buy from me if so. Before people start chiming in saying "there's a catch," please know that these are well known dealers and have done this for many vehicle launches in the past with many happy customers.

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
572 Posts
I'm surprised no dealer folks have come forth on this forum at all.
In the past, the vehicles I followed such as Stinger, Miata, Ford Focus RS, dealerships were quite active promoting themselves and grabbing buyers.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just got this today......

Dear Chris

Great news! As a SANTA CRUZ Insider, you’re among a select few to receive the latest vehicle information as soon as it is available. We’ve just announced the first-ever 2022 SANTA CRUZ will start at an estimated MSRP of $23,990. *

We are also excited to share that the highly anticipated SANTA CRUZ will begin arriving at dealerships in the coming weeks. We will share your preferred vehicle build with your nearest dealership, who will reach out to you directly to finalize your vehicle purchase.1 Please be sure to share your $100 deposit confirmation email with your dealer.

If you have any questions, please contact us at 844-966-3434.
Enjoy the journey!

Legal Disclaimer
*Estimated MSRP is a preliminary estimate and is subject to change pending vehicle availability. Excludes destination charges, tax, title and license fees. Destination charges and actual dealer prices may vary. Vehicle displayed may contain optional equipment and colors at additional cost.

1Submitting a reservation request is not a vehicle order or purchase and does not guarantee availability of the requested configuration and package options (including price), or delivery or the ultimate sale of the requested vehicle. See Insider Reservation Program Terms and Conditions for more information.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Great news! As a SANTA CRUZ Insider, you’re among a select few to receive the latest vehicle information as soon as it is available. We’ve just announced the first-ever 2022 SANTA CRUZ will start at an estimated MSRP of $23,990. *
“Great news! The $100 you gave us has granted you access to exclusive insider info that was announced publicly almost two full weeks ago!”

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got the same email last week. Called the number and the dealer. I was told by the dealer they have 1 Santa Cruz Limited in Hampton grey on its way and should be there to test drive this week (July 26th or later).
When I called the concierge number, I was told some interesting details including the interior color options.
Black cloth/Black Leather
Grey Cloth/Grey Leather
Tan Cloth (black and tan similar to other Hyundais including the tucson)
And then I didnt hear all of it, but there will be an interior very similar to the Jeep Gladiator - Black, Grey and Orange accents!!! That interior will sell me on this truck, hands down. No questions asked. Take my money!!!

I just got this today......

Dear Chris

We are also excited to share that the highly anticipated SANTA CRUZ will begin arriving at dealerships in the coming weeks. We will share your preferred vehicle build with your nearest dealership, who will reach out to you directly to finalize your vehicle purchase.1 Please be sure to share your $100 deposit confirmation email with your dealer.

If you have any questions, please contact us at 844-966-3434.
Enjoy the journey!

Legal Disclaimer
*Estimated MSRP is a preliminary estimate and is subject to change pending vehicle availability. Excludes destination charges, tax, title and license fees. Destination charges and actual dealer prices may vary. Vehicle displayed may contain optional equipment and colors at additional cost.

1Submitting a reservation request is not a vehicle order or purchase and does not guarantee availability of the requested configuration and package options (including price), or delivery or the ultimate sale of the requested vehicle. See Insider Reservation Program Terms and Conditions for more information.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I got the same email last week. Called the number and the dealer. I was told by the dealer they have 1 Santa Cruz Limited in Hampton grey on its way and should be there to test drive this week (July 26th or later).
When I called the concierge number, I was told some interesting details including the interior color options.
Black cloth/Black Leather
Grey Cloth/Grey Leather
Tan Cloth (black and tan similar to other Hyundais including the tucson)
And then I didnt hear all of it, but there will be an interior very similar to the Jeep Gladiator - Black, Grey and Orange accents!!! That interior will sell me on this truck, hands down. No questions asked. Take my money!!!
Unfortunately the concierge is incorrect on the interior colors:
SE/SEL/SEL Premium have black or gray cloth on all colors except no gray with the Mojave Sand.
Limited is available in black leather for all colors and Sage Gray/Phantom Black/Ice White have gray with the orange accents.

There isn't a regular gray leather - just with the orange, and no tan.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I don't think the concierge or dealerships have a clue as to what is or is not being built. Stopped at local dealership last week and tried to order a Santa Cruz Limited. The only interior choices were black or dark gray w / orange highlights. As for gray interior, it is not listed on the computer form, so no way to order a gray interior in a Limited Santa Cruz with leather. Dealership was ready and willing to put in an order for me, but the sticking point was they could not give a delivery date other than maybe by end of year. At that point I walked out.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I don't think the concierge or dealerships have a clue as to what is or is not being built. Stopped at local dealership last week and tried to order a Santa Cruz Limited. The only interior choices were black or dark gray w / orange highlights. As for gray interior, it is not listed on the computer form, so no way to order a gray interior in a Limited Santa Cruz with leather. Dealership was ready and willing to put in an order for me, but the sticking point was they could not give a delivery date other than maybe by end of year. At that point I walked out.
Unfortunately the dealer is correct. Hyundai doesn't have a way like most domestic brands to directly submit a factory order. The dealer can put in a request for what they want and when they are allocated more Santa Cruz if one is available they MAY get it depending on how many are available and how many dealers are asking for it.

Right now, everything being allocated is just about to be built, but when they get to their normal process, what is allocated in their monthly allocation won't be built until 2 months after it's allocated. So putting in a request now - first there are no guarantees at all that it will be filled at all (sort of like the reservation process). If they don't get it in August since everyone is trying to get what they want at the same time... they might get it filled in September, which would be November production and arrive late November/early December.

Kia's process is somewhat similar and I've seen Telluride customers wait 4-5 months without their request even being allocated. :(

·
Registered
2006 Frontier
56 Posts
If you have a Maverick on your mind, Granger Ford gives you 3% under invoice...good people to work with, I got a quote in 1 day from them once I sent them a configuration from Ford's B&P. (Configure it,print it as a pdf, save the pdf, send to Granger via email = quote with discount applied)...zip code is 50109...contact may be Sean Masters? ...they recently lost their internet guy (Albert)....like me he was old and passed away...I have a Bronco reserved with them, but will most likely cancel it due to production delays (hard tops) ....Granger is transparent with all their transactions...wish other dealers followed their lead.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think it comes down to...The Reserve and you're an insider is a scam...meant only to give the bean counters something to flash in front of the upper management... It's worthless..and a waste to even think your measly $100 has an effect on anything.
I feel like Hyundai is not a company I'm really interested in working with... Shock and Awe is old new...........

·
Registered
793 Posts
Hyundai doesn't have a way like most domestic brands to directly submit a factory order. The dealer can put in a request for what they want and when they are allocated more Santa Cruz if one is available they MAY get it depending on how many are available and how many dealers are asking for it.
Which is another reason why this whole "reservation" process is just leading to disappointment. Yes the fine print said you weren't ordering a vehicle but they should have used a different word to communicate what this $100 signup was doing (answer: not much but telling a dealer they had a bite).

And no way they selling below sticker much less below invoice. This is a new vehicle with limited production currently. I bet those below invoice Maverick will have all sorts of stuff added to them to bring the price back up. Why would anyone discount a vehicle in this environment? Used cars are selling for 30% higher then average.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think this $100 is a joke so I'm canceling mine because the only thing it has done is the email I got yesterday stating oblivious and two-week-old info, If that's what Hyundai thinks an "insider" is, someone should give them an English dictionary.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Right now, everything being allocated is just about to be built
I'm surprised how emotional the wait has become once my decision was made and request submitted is. I don't generally get stressed easily or let timelines play with my mind. My desire for this vehicle being 6+ years old may be playing a role. Even with known facts that my vehicle is coming and is just like I requested, the desire to have it right now is overpowering. I can't even imagine what the Ford full-size Bronco buyers are going through with their continued delays.

This experience makes me wonder how ordering a Mercedes Benz Sprinter to my specifications would be. I've always wanted to order one exactly like I want it from the factory, including factory swivel seats that require shorter seat platforms. It would be enjoyable to make the order, but I hear waiting times can be 6-9 months. In that amount of time things change and life circumstances can even change. All the while, new offerings and technology changes as well.

I guess the 4-5 month wait from my April request is actually short compared to a Sprinter 4X4 or Ford Bronco. I keep resetting my "wait clock" starting point to the present, so the wait seems shorter. :LOL: That way a 6+ year desire is finally on a horizon that my mind can accept. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2006 Frontier
56 Posts
1. Nothing happens in manufacturing until something is sold
2. Marketing may recognize a need, but can't/won't commit to a forecast of sales)
3. The reservation system is a bandaid for the Marketing guys to get manufacturing to build something (that may turn into a sale)
4. The dealers are needed for service and part sales
5. Factories (the OEM) need to educate dealers and change their make to stock system to a build to order system
6. Companies go into business for one reason only...to make money (and the accounting dept is the watchdog/reporting dept. For that important factor)

I don't know how Tesla does it...when they first came on the scene (in Socal, they set up sales offices in shopping malls) do they only build to order?...where to you go to get their brand of vehicles repaired?...the overhead must be very high part of the vehicle "cost".

·
Registered
11 Posts
Unfortunately the concierge is incorrect on the interior colors:
SE/SEL/SEL Premium have black or gray cloth on all colors except no gray with the Mojave Sand.
Limited is available in black leather for all colors and Sage Gray/Phantom Black/Ice White have gray with the orange accents.

There isn't a regular gray leather - just with the orange, and no tan.

View attachment 1048
Concierge wasnt wrong...I had written it down and misunderstood what he had said and didnt quite remember what I had written down. Yes, there was no Tan interior, he was referring to the Mojave (tan) Sand EXTERIOR. As for the Black or gray cloth or leather, I was right there, but the two grays are different. But thank you for posting this helpful chart because now it really makes it clear. Much appreciated!
Now, im just a bit bummed by the lack of dark grey/orange accents option on Blue Stone and Hampton Gray. Looks like its Sage Gray for me (which means i have to go with a Limited). Or, perhaps I dont like the Gray and Orange look and I just get an SEL premium AWD 2.5T with the Gray interior and Blue Stone Exterior. So many choices.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think your choices will be based on what is at the lot, that you are willing to take today or waiting for something to show up that might be closer...There is no ordering, it's luck of the draw

·
Registered
221 Posts
Which is another reason why this whole "reservation" process is just leading to disappointment. Yes the fine print said you weren't ordering a vehicle but they should have used a different word to communicate what this $100 signup was doing (answer: not much but telling a dealer they had a bite).

And no way they selling below sticker much less below invoice. This is a new vehicle with limited production currently. I bet those below invoice Maverick will have all sorts of stuff added to them to bring the price back up. Why would anyone discount a vehicle in this environment? Used cars are selling for 30% higher then average.
Multiple members on the Maverick forum have attested to no b.s. transactions with Granger Ford and another dealer in Horsham, PA. Apparently they've been using this business model for some time on other high demand Fords (Stangs, etc.). Why do it it in this environment? Customer loyalty? When things cool down customers will remember who squeezed them, there are dealers I've dealt with in the past I'd never go to again.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts