Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe comparing it to an AWD Non-Turbo.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea it's a AWD... I wanted the drive impressions of a Non-Turbo FWD....maybe actual MPG while driving it Thanks Tho

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have an SEL FWD non-turbo. Smooth acceleration. It is faster than it feels. Very quiet. I initially had it in regular drive mode and now in smart mode. I like smart mode. After break-in I'll move to sport. So far mileage has been fine... says 19.4 mpg mostly city and a little freeway. Bought it on 08/26, so had it for ~10 days. Mileage will improve once the motor has broken in. The normally aspirated 4 will not knock your socks off in acceleration but does a decent job. So far it makes me happy. If I want snap your head back acceleration I'll go to my Model 3 or F-Type R. So far enjoying the Santa Cruz.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have an SEL FWD non-turbo. Smooth acceleration. It is faster than it feels. Very quiet. I initially had it in regular drive mode and now in smart mode. I like smart mode. After break-in I'll move to sport. So far mileage has been fine... says 19.4 mpg mostly city and a little freeway. Bought it on 08/26, so had it for ~10 days. Mileage will improve once the motor has broken in. The normally aspirated 4 will not knock your socks off in acceleration but does a decent job. So far it makes me happy. If I want snap your head back acceleration I'll go to my Model 3 or F-Type R. So far enjoying the Santa Cruz.
How is the handling?

·
Registered
91 Posts
A bit more body roll than I am used to, but overall does well. Haven't done any long drives yet. Planning on trying a twisty back road today so may have more feedback to provide.
Took one of the canyon routes we do with the sports car club. Fairly twisty. SEL did very well and handled the tight turns well. I took it easy on the turns. I had the SC in Smart drive mode. Previously had it in standard mode. Smart mode works very well.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Ultimate (Limited in the US)
772 Posts
OMG ... I don't think I realized the base models in the US actually had a keyed ignition. You would think it would cost them less to just standardize the entire lineup on one ignition system and one key fob. I've officially reached the point where I'm forgetting that new vehicles can still have keys and twisty ignitions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts