Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium Hampton Gray
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen any number of good videos dealing with all aspects of Santa Cruz features, options, etc but have not read a single review that discusses how the SC drives or performs. Does it have a comfortable ride. In fact all of the reviewers seem to say they are not allowed to drive it.

Now that I have actually put down a deposit on one this is starting to concern me. Is Hyundai hiding something? One would think they would want the reviewers to drive it unless there is a problem they don't want us to know about. Does anyone have any inside information about actual real world driving performance and ride quality?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Pretty sure those reviews aren't going to be available until people start taking delivery. Unless, there's some people out there might get there hands on them first. I could be wrong, of course. I figured around mid August myself.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pretty sure those reviews aren't going to be available until people start taking delivery. Unless, there's some people out there might get there hands on them first. I could be wrong, of course. I figured around mid August myself.
If I'm not mistaken Roush Enterprises in S FL has a team of people driving them everyday. If the results of that testing is positive one would think Hyundai would want that information made public.

·
Registered
724 Posts
If I'm not mistaken Roush Enterprises in S FL has a team of people driving them everyday. If the results of that testing is positive one would think Hyundai would want that information made public.
Is a "Great White" Santa Cruz in the works? :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ordinarily driving reviews are embargoed until units hit the lots. The reason is that the pre-production models used for reviewing everything else are essentially handmade and usually don’t perform the same as the factory-made final version. Some of them don’t even run at all (see Doug Demuro’s Bronco video).

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Roush the performance company? If so that's interesting.
Yes it would be a division of the same Roush. More than once I've seen reports of SC's being spotted in Fort Myers, FL. Roush employs people to test drive vehicles in Naples. I may be making a faulty inference that it's Roush people driving these SC's but I thought I read that somewhere?

·
Registered
896 Posts
Rumor is media reviews would be coming in August. This timing appears to align with the first units arriving at dealerships. Ride should be similar to the Tucson (same platform) with performance similar to the Sante Fe (same engines & drivetrain).

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
595 Posts
Rumor is media reviews would be coming in August. This timing appears to align with the first units arriving at dealerships. Ride should be similar to the Tucson (same platform) with performance similar to the Sante Fe (same engines & drivetrain).
that's disappointing if it performs like Santa Fe, I'm hoping for a 0-60 in the mid 5 seconds

·
Registered
896 Posts
that's disappointing if it performs like Santa Fe, I'm hoping for a 0-60 in the mid 5 seconds
Sadly the SC and SF weigh about the same thus I expect similar performance. The SE hits 60 is 6.2 seconds which is impressive so I guess a sub 6 times are possible (depending on gear ratios).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hyundai did say the tuning on the engine and ECU is totally different on the SC 2.5T from its previous implementations; supposedly to create a more sporty experience. I'd expect it to be a little faster off the line but a little less refined than the Sante Fe.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL Premium AWD 2.5T Blue Stone
137 Posts
My wife and I currently share a 2012 Veloster. When Car & Driver tested that model new, it did 0-60 in 8.5 seconds. While it is sporty looking, the 2012 Veloster was geared for economy, not performance. Santa Fe performance would be an improvement for me.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have heard some YT channels say to their viewers to come back on August 10th for the full review, assuming that also includes a drive portion. Looking forward to it.

·
Registered
896 Posts
And now everyone can see first hand how crazy these colors shift due to lighting conditions. From 2:47 to 2:50, they pan from dark shadows to bright sunlight across the hood and the color completely flips :cool:

Passenger seat is not powered? WOW first time I realized that :eek:

·
Registered
124 Posts
And now everyone can see first hand how crazy these colors shift due to lighting conditions. From 2:47 to 2:50, they pan from dark shadows to bright sunlight across the hood and the color completely flips :cool:

Not even manually height adjustable either. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
29 Posts

This is surprising given this appears to be the Limited and does not seem typical for "higher-end" vehicles?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts