Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today when I picked up mine, I mentioned that I have $100 reservation fee that can be applied to the vehicle as $100 rebate.
The sales person said: "Cool, I don't know anything about that, ask the finance manager when you go do that part."

Ok, I did go to the finance manager, and I was steamrolled for 15 mins being educated about all the backend products. And I asked about the $100 rebate, the answer is just go get a refund from Hyundai, not sure what to do with the transaction id.

So, in the end I'm still going to cancel the reservation because I just need to get the money back:confused:

Registered
Hyundai Concierge noted that allot of dealers are confused about the $100 and said I can just request refund after purchase if I am having issues getting refund from the dealer. If I cancel reservation early and have a VIN attached to my name, it will get removed per concierge and I may lose the chance to acquire the vehicle.

Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
That is CRAZY!! The more I hear about the US reservation system, the more thankful I am to be in Canada where our pre-orders were actually orders, and the dealerships themselves actually took the deposit payments directly. Yeah, we have to wait longer (expecting mid-September), but worth it to be free of the games y'all have to deal with. Dang.

Registered
Today when I picked up mine, I mentioned that I have $100 reservation fee that can be applied to the vehicle as $100 rebate.
The sales person said: "Cool, I don't know anything about that, ask the finance manager when you go do that part."

Ok, I did go to the finance manager, and I was steamrolled for 15 mins being educated about all the backend products. And I asked about the $100 rebate, the answer is just go get a refund from Hyundai, not sure what to do with the transaction id.

So, in the end I'm still going to cancel the reservation because I just need to get the money back:confused:
Took 3 weeks after cancelling but finally got refund.

Registered
And I asked about the $100 rebate, the answer is just go get a refund from Hyundai, not sure what to do with the transaction id.
Hyundai Fail.... #75.:rolleyes:
Hyundai Concierge noted that allot of dealers are confused about the $100
Talk about a disconnect! Wow! :rolleyes:
Took 3 weeks after cancelling but finally got refund.
I had to complain for the dealer to add the deposit.
What a $#!T show by Hyundai on this whole release. And on top of that, dealers want to charge WAY over MSRP. If wasn't for the fact that I like the SC that much, I'd be looking elsewhere.

Registered
What a $#!T show by Hyundai on this whole release. And on top of that, dealers want to charge WAY over MSRP. If wasn't for the fact that I like the SC that much, I'd be looking elsewhere.
Are you trolling us? :p Many would disagree with your generalization that the "whole" release is FUBAR. Not all dealers are charging over MSRP and many markups are waved for ppl who reserved. While not prefect, the reservation program has provided a few good things including the inventory search tool not available to others. I've been locked into my exact choice/VIN since the second round of communications... some of the forum folks are WILLING to pay over MSRP, so there is that too.

I am curious, where else would you look? There is nothing like the SC... unless we are generalizing again and calling it a "compact truck".

Registered
Are you trolling us? :p Many would disagree with your generalization that the "whole" release is FUBAR. Not all dealers are charging over MSRP and many markups are waved for ppl who reserved. While not prefect, the reservation program has provided a few good things including the inventory search tool not available to others. I've been locked into my exact choice/VIN since the second round of communications... some of the forum folks are WILLING to pay over MSRP, so there is that too.

I am curious, where else would you look? There is nothing like the SC... unless we are generalizing again and calling it a "compact truck".
No, not trolling at all. I just saw this thread that was nothing but issues. Perhaps the reservation program has its benefits but from many other threads, it seems like it was not worth it or at least not what some expected (even with disclaimers). Perhaps "whole" release is too strong a statement, but many would certainly agree that Hyundai could have managed this rollout better. Where else would I look, probably a Ranger. But it's more than I need, and like you said, there is nothing else like the SC (which I completely agree with). And like I said, I like the SC a lot. I'm certain I will get one.

Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium Hampton Gray
Talk about a disconnect! Wow! :rolleyes:

How hard would it be for Hyundai to EMAIL instructions to their dealers?
You can't assume the people at all of the dealerships can read.

What was it George Carlin said?

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

Registered
I did not get it when I paid for mine, but I called concierge, they asked if I changed my mind, I told them I already paid for one, refund appeared on my credit card today. No problem.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts