Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yep, planning on putting my 17" MR503's w/ Falken Wildpeaks A/T Trails that I bought earlier this year for my Subie onto the SC. Bolt pattern is the same, I just hope the tire size I have fills up the wheel wells enough to not look silly. Should save a bunch of weight with that setup, however. Zoom zoom!

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
651 Posts
Yep, planning on putting my 17" MR503's w/ Falken Wildpeaks A/T Trails that I bought earlier this year for my Subie onto the SC. Bolt pattern is the same, I just hope the tire size I have fills up the wheel wells enough to not look silly. Should save a bunch of weight with that setup, however. Zoom zoom!
Perhaps check the fitment of the 17" wheels before you commit to buying new tires, @fan_f1 had to go with 18" maybe there's some fitment issue with 17" clearing brakes

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
651 Posts
Hmm I can't seem to find the @fan_f1 post about this? I saw he had fitment issues with the lift, but nothing regarding wheel size.
originally I think he planned on putting on 17" but then later decided to go with plasti dip 18" OEM wheels, so I speculated there might be issues as to why up size to 18", maybe not but worth test fit in my opinion

·
Registered
408 Posts
Hoping to also be able to get a small 1-2 inch lift once I get my hands on one, here is my crappy photo shop of on this random Google image that came up
When and if my SEL P comes in, going to replace the tires (18"). Going for an AT tire...

Just debating on:
Goodyear Adventure Wrangler Tires | Goodyear Tires

Kumho Roadventure AT51: https://kumhotireusa.com/us/global/...2-0004&returnType=L&idcate=MC000115&iditem=43

Cooper: Cooper® Discoverer® AT3 4S™: All-Terrain Tire | Cooper Tire

Hankook: Dynapro AT2 | All Terrain Tires for Light Truck | Hankook USA

Road noise is always a challenge, so I'm thinking 70% road vs 30% off road.

Opinions on any of the above would be appreciated. :D

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,074 Posts
I'm thinking ahead to winter tires already ... since I normally put them on my vehicles by early/mid-October so I'm ready for the first snows. Leaning strongly to the Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3s (Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3 SUV - Winter Tyres / Nokian Tyres) because of their stellar reputation. 245/50R20 run about $320 apiece at the tire shop around the bend from my dealer ... which is curiously also the nearest Nokian dealer to me. Add that to the price of another set of rims ... that's about a $2500 tap on top of everything.

Hmm. 18" version of the same tires (245/60R18) is only $286 a pop. That was the other reason I like the smaller wheels!! LOL $136 a set less for the same tire ... with ultimately the same outer diameter. Funny how MORE rubber costs less, eh?

·
Registered
70 Posts
originally I think he planned on putting on 17" but then later decided to go with plasti dip 18" OEM wheels, so I speculated there might be issues as to why up size to 18", maybe not but worth test fit in my opinion
That's correct.

18" OEM for now...

I had to abort the 17" wheel / 2" lift mission when the Ready Lift did not fit....even after trying to modify the kit.

Staying with 18" OEM's and 265/60R18's until a Lift is manufactured.....

Here to help :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's correct.

18" OEM for now...

I had to abort the 17" wheel / 2" lift mission when the Ready Lift did not fit....even after trying to modify the kit.

Staying with 18" OEM's and 265/60R18's until a Lift is manufactured.....

Here to help :)
Was the 17 inch wheel the issue or just the ready lift kit simply not being fully compatible?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Saw this being offered by a dealership in California. Looks good IMO but surprised they didn't downsize the wheel.

View attachment 2184

Thing is; that wheel they are using is the Touren TR91 which is only available in 18x8, 19x8.5, 20x9, and 20x10.5; all quite a bit wider than the stock wheels.
That looks pretty cool but yeah a smaller wheel would be preferred.

Ideally 265/65 or 60 /17 if we can manage to fit it in.

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
651 Posts
Saw this being offered by a dealership in California. Looks good IMO but surprised they didn't downsize the wheel.

View attachment 2184

Thing is; that wheel they are using is the Touren TR91 which is only available in 18x8, 19x8.5, 20x9, and 20x10.5; all quite a bit wider than the stock wheels.
They do look great, know I know how Falken Wildpeak tires look on a SC and they definitely exude the ruggedness vibe

but I suspect this is a mall crawler with that aspect ratio of tires

·
Registered
712 Posts

View attachment 2184

18x8 seems a bit on the narrow side for 245mms. 19x8.5" would be a good compromise. Black wheels look nice on the SC.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Keep us updated on the conversion. It would be nice if the 265/65/18’s fit, that’s 4 sizes taller. Are the spacers def. part of the plan?

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,074 Posts
Oh yeah!! That's what I'm talking about! More sidewall!! Love it! Gotta find me some 17s!

Is there any change in your speedo with the new rubber? Or does the OD remain the same as stock?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
View attachment 2193

I can now confirm that 17” Methods definitely fit without issue. Tires are 235/65/R17 Falken Wildpeak A/T Trails. Loved them on my Subie, and the added agility of the SC I already feel with this much lighter setup is awesome.

Wow that looks great! I was considering the Wildpeaks AT3, they looked awesome and performed great on my Tacoma but not sure what is the biggest tire I could fit on the SC.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Oh yeah!! That's what I'm talking about! More sidewall!! Love it! Gotta find me some 17s!

Is there any change in your speedo with the new rubber? Or does the OD remain the same as stock?
Thanks! According to Will It Fit online, I’m looking at like a 1 mph difference on the speedo. It’s not enough for me to care about recalibration or anything.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Wow that looks great! I was considering the Wildpeaks AT3, they looked awesome and performed great on my Tacoma but not sure what is the biggest tire I could fit on the SC.
Thanks! I was nervous that the overall tire size would appear on the small side since I’m losing like 1/2” in diameter overall, but I’m really digging the look.

For tires, it’s always a decision between finding something that looks big and beefy and really fills the wheel wells, vs reigning it back for weight savings in order to keep performance and mpg’s. I like to think I found a happy medium.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts