Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
81 - 100 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Black Rhino Arches is nice too.
Arches Truck Rims by Black Rhino
View attachment 4171
Comes in 18x8" 5x114.3mm 30mm Offset 5.680 Back Spacing 76.1mm Center Bore Load 2000lb Weight 29lbs.

ADDED: These beauties might be The Bomb with the mystery fender flares that Hyundai has teased us with, but not delivered even a picture of yet. Waiting...
I went with the Black Rhino Arches brushed gun metal wheels 19×8 +30 offset. Work great.Look tough. With Falcon wilderness rubber. Gorilla lock set.

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity
1,188 Posts
Found this wheel today.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Synthetic rubber

Because my SEL Blue Stone has the silver and chrome grill, I'm thinking a silver rim with polished lip may be a good match to the vehicle. Can't find an exact 18" match for the Falken Wildpeak A/T3W, but they do make a 245/65R17 that is just about a perfect match and it's a 6-Ply (diameter is 29.5" vs. the stock 29.7"). Not sure I want to drop down to a 17" rim though, even if it does clear.

The Falken Wildpeak A/T3W in 265/60R18 is also a 6-ply, but is 30.6" in diameter; about an inch taller. If the speedo can be reprogrammed, then I'd like the extra 1/2" ground clearance and 1/2" fender gap fill too.

·
Registered
316 Posts
The Falken Wildpeak A/T3W in 265/60R18 is also a 6-ply, but is 30.6" in diameter; about an inch taller. If the speedo can be reprogrammed, then I'd like the extra 1/2" ground clearance and 1/2" fender gap fill too.
That‘s about 3% increase in diameter- if you don’t reprogram your speedometer, you’ve just extended your warranty 😉

·
Registered
808 Posts
Found this wheel today.
View attachment 4338
Because my SEL Blue Stone has the silver and chrome grill, I'm thinking a silver rim with polished lip may be a good match to the vehicle. Can't find an exact 18" match for the Falken Wildpeak A/T3W, but they do make a 245/65R17 that is just about a perfect match and it's a 6-Ply (diameter is 29.5" vs. the stock 29.7"). Not sure I want to drop down to a 17" rim though, even if it does clear.

Car Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I was shocked to see the difference in tire weight from the stock Kumho Crugen HP71 245/60R18 105H SL at 30lbs. and the Falken Wildpeak T/A3W 265/60R18 at 44lbs. :oops:

You have to save 14lbs. in each rim weight to break even if going to these slightly larger All Terrain tires.

Anyone have the stock SC 18" wheel raw weight yet?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Made up this crude chart of widths and offsets to see how far out each would go compared to the stock 18"ers.
Rectangle Font Pattern Parallel Net

Hopefully it might help someone here gain perspective.

I also set a long square aluminum piece against the outer most fender arch plastic to see how far the stock 18" tires stuck out.
Hood Wood Gesture Bumper Finger

The front tire is already at flush.
Hood Window Wood Gesture Bumper

The rear tire is about 1/4"-1/2" inch inbound stock.

This was surprising to me. They look much further inbound than they are.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Found the Atturo Trail Blade ATS LT245/60R18 tire today that is the exact same size as the OEM 18" tire, but has an All Terrain tread and a very nice looking sidewall.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Hubcap

These tires are on the cheaper side. Does anyone have experience with them?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Played with a wheel simulator to see what some wheels I'm considering look like on the SC.
Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Hood

ICW 210MB Kamikaze black with machined face 18x7.5 +42 (stock width with 7.5mm less offset)
Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Hood

Can't rember what this wheel was, but I like the blend of street and off-road wheel lip. It seems to make the wheels look larger by not having a thick off-road lip or the ring of blocks inside the lip like the two below.
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood

MKW M208 Matte Bronze 18x8 +35
Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Hood

MKW M208 Matte Grey 18x8 +35

Currently leaning towards one of the two silver/grey wheels partly because of the silver grill on my Blue Stone SEL AWD, but the bronze is a common off-road adventure wheel color and black base color wheels are easier to keep clean. Decisions, decisions, decisions... 🤔

81 - 100 of 106 Posts