Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Currently leaning towards one of the two silver/grey wheels partly because of the silver grill on my Blue Stone SEL AWD, but the bronze is a common off-road adventure wheel color and black base color wheels are easier to keep clean. Decisions, decisions, decisions... 🤔
If going silver wheels, I wonder if matching silver lettering for tailgate would work.

That would be the trick though, to ensure the silver is at least somewhat close to the silver of the grill.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello all! We're soon to be owners of a Santa Cruz!

I'm trying to figure out if the 255/55/20 studded winter tires we had for our Enclave would have any clearance issues with an oem 20" Hyundai wheel.(these tires don't even have a full winter on them)

It would be really great if Hyundai with all their tech in the Santa Cruz allowed you to enter your own tire specs via the center touchscreen to keep everything accurate.

Right now, using a tire size calculator it might be too much of a difference...
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
25 Posts
Welcome! We are happy to see you chose the Santa Cruz over the other choices that are out there. As far as the tires you are considering remember one thing, many hundreds of hours have gone into design and testing for optimal tire size and functionality on this vehicle and when you change the sizes you give up something. In your case l personaly think it's to extreme. I also used the same calculator to make my choice on wheel tire cobo but didn't change the rolling diameter which affects many of the safety systems. As far as clearance issues there's not alot of room for taller tires. Not to be a bummer but maybe someone else has had a diffrent outcome. Again WELCOME 🙏

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome! We are happy to see you chose the Santa Cruz over the other choices that are out there. As far as the tires you are considering remember one thing, many hundreds of hours have gone into design and testing for optimal tire size and functionality on this vehicle and when you change the sizes you give up something. In your case l personaly think it's to extreme. I also used the same calculator to make my choice on wheel tire cobo but didn't change the rolling diameter which affects many of the safety systems. As far as clearance issues there's not alot of room for taller tires. Not to be a bummer but maybe someone else has had a diffrent outcome. Again WELCOME 🙏
I was thinking the same, that it's just too much. I'll never get back enough on those ever so lightly used winters if I try to sell them and not lose sleep over lol ;)

We're super excited to get this rig - glad to see online communities like this are firing up to talk tire options! :)

Cheers!

·
Registered
316 Posts
I was thinking the same, that it's just too much. I'll never get back enough on those ever so lightly used winters if I try to sell them and not lose sleep over lol ;)

We're super excited to get this rig - glad to see online communities like this are firing up to talk tire options! :)

Cheers!
Welcome… almost 5% is a bit much… on the bright side you’ll extend your warranty by 5% 🤪

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity
1,188 Posts
These showed up at my front door. 😁
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Light

These Atturo Trail Blade ATS 245/60R18 (same size as OEM) are much beefier than I expected. They will clearly have "The Look" down. Hopefully they will be quiet enough for me. Reviews seem to rate them highly as an all-a-rounder tire.

Half my decision is made to adventurize my rig. Still working on my rim decision...

101 - 106 of 106 Posts