Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity - SoCal
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get this center console message every time I start my car.
Gadget Computer Output device Font Flat panel display

My SEL has BlueLink, but it has not been fully loaded. I told the salesman not to change the settings on the burner phone I took with me to purchase it and all I wanted was the ability to make and receive hands free calls with it on the drive home. I think he started the link process and tried to get me to turn on WiFi (Nope! Ain't happening), so he just handed it back to me. I think he should have only entered the code number and not started the BlueLink process (which I do not want at all).

Anyway, does everyone get this screen on startup? It's rather annoying to me.

FYI: My fully unlocked from the factory work phones are never connected to any WiFi. They are never updated either. Employer has found the phones work for many years trouble free this way. My last company phone lasted 6+ years without a single issue of any kind. The charging plug eventually worn out while it was still going strong.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I think it a standard message for Android Auto / Car Play head units. My aftermarket Pioneer android auto head unit that I installed in my other car has same message everytime I start the car.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Darn. I was hoping I could make that go away. Right now I just tap my STAR button that's set to a digital clock home screen once that message times out.

Do they expect you to hit "confirm" each time you start your car?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I get this center console message every time I start my car.
View attachment 3536
My SEL has BlueLink, but it has not been fully loaded. I told the salesman not to change the settings on the burner phone I took with me to purchase it and all I wanted was the ability to make and receive hands free calls with it on the drive home. I think he started the link process and tried to get me to turn on WiFi (Nope! Ain't happening), so he just handed it back to me. I think he should have only entered the code number and not started the BlueLink process (which I do not want at all).

Anyway, does everyone get this screen on startup? It's rather annoying to me.

FYI: My fully unlocked from the factory work phones are never connected to any WiFi. They are never updated either. Employer has found the phones work for many years trouble free this way. My last company phone lasted 6+ years without a single issue of any kind. The charging plug eventually worn out while it was still going strong.
I received my SC two days ago and It only started on mine when I setup the bluelink and started to use a user profile. It might go away if you use the guest profile.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
just Hyundai cover their ass with regard to legal liability, it goes away after a while
Pretty much every new vehicle has a similar screen... and yes its super annoying and stupid. Shockingly to drive you need to be looking OUT the window with your hands on the wheel and not swiping left or right, trying to order Starbucks or post FB messages.

·
Registered
276 Posts
My 2014 Santa Fe had the same screen and it would not go away until you physically pressed the confirm button. Drove me bat **** crazy. At least with the latest Hyundais, the screen goes away on its own after a few seconds. But I've noticed that it depends. I've seen it go away after just a couple of seconds, and sometimes it seems to linger for quite a bit longer.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Pretty much every vehicle made today comes with its very own lawyer embedded in the dash. That is something that I would skip if I could, but it is present in every car sold these days from what I can tell.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
5,000+ miles into ownership and this startup screen is the most annoying thing about my SC! :mad:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts