Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
The tacoma must have been a spray in bed liner then correct? That is a bit different than a composite bed but the effect is similar. I've had 2 Ridgelines before and they both had composite beds. Same thing only scratches and they are light.
I still have a 2109 Tacoma, waiting on an SE, the Tacoma's bead is the same material as tje Santa Cruze and after 3 years being used and parked outside, my bed looks pretty good. I'm not planning on getting a bed mat

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Limitied (black/black)
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
This is how it turned out with a quick trim along the lines provided. I may trim it more later after it loses the memory of being rolled up. It’s about a 3/16” thick and seems tough enough to take some abuse. It’s also light enough to move easily for brunk access. A little short, but for most purposes it should be adequate and worst case…for $36? It’s disposable.
S
Land vehicle Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
513 Posts
This is how it turned out with a quick trim along the lines provided. I may trim it more later after it loses the memory of being rolled up. It’s about a 3/16” thick and seems tough enough to take some abuse. It’s also light enough to move easily for brunk access. A little short, but for most purposes it should be adequate and worst case…for $36? It’s disposable.
S View attachment 3517
Looks good and does the job (for 1/6th of the price!)

·
Registered
997 Posts
@dartgt64, how is the "feel" of the thing - both softness and grip? Does it feel secure underfoot when wet?

·
Registered
15 Posts
S View attachment 3517
S View attachment 3517
Looks great - see Santa Cruz Parts and Upgrades - Shared

·
Registered
Limited
301 Posts
I snagged a Dee Zee bet mat for a Ford F150 on sale. I cut it down to fit the SC. It is 0.375" (3/8") thick rubber that is soft. It has a nice cushion as you kneel on it. It stays in place well and is very grippy. It is heavy but the brunk struts lift it with no issues.

It looks like they are $83 on Amazon now. Link

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Wood

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SE FWD
908 Posts
I've got one of those snap together gym mats waiting for pickup at HD but I don't think it will work because every time you open the lid to the trunk it will come apart I think... We'll see
Maybe I'll just keep it in the trunk until I need it...(pre-cut it and storage it)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've got one of those snap together gym mats waiting for pickup at HD but I don't think it will work because every time you open the lid to the trunk it will come apart I think... We'll see
Maybe I'll just keep it in the trunk until I need it...(pre-cut it and storage it)
For those who have the Gym Mats from HD for $20, the solution for that is good old Duct Tape. See picture of both sides below.
Automotive tire Hood Tire Vehicle Trunk

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL
29 Posts
I did the same thing with my Ridgeline as Mike86merc did. I was able to find a Dee Zee mat at a garage sale that was from a short bed Chevy & trimmed it to fit. I do have the OEM SC bed mat & am looking to replace this with the thicker DZ for all the same issues listed before. Plus, the water the OEM mat holds is a real PITA! Here are some pics from the Ridgeline. Once I score a used DZ, I will post some pics. Probably will list the OEM for sale.

Vehicle Car Hood Plant Wood

Road surface Wood Asphalt Floor Grey

Wood Road surface Composite material Flooring Rectangle

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity - SoCal
1,689 Posts
Just rediscovered this thread. Looking for a bed mat that has a grooved bottom and smooth top.

This design.
Rectangle Font Line Parallel Pattern

Has anyone come across this shape that lines up to the SC grooves that can be cut down?

PS: I put an inquiry in at BEDRUG for a Santa Cruz product.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Can't decide if I should line the bed or just start scratching it up now and get it over with. What is everyone thinking?
I bought a bed mat for my limited at the local dealer, gave me 25%off. Buy it , you won't regret it. The composite bed doesn't have grip to it, and you definitely can scratch up the bed. The mat is a perfect fit and when you load the bed up things stay in place, someone said the edges are curled up and it holds water, well that's not a big deal, I don't plan on leaving the tonneau cover open all the time.. however my tonneau cover leaks pretty bad, eventually taking it to the dealer to get the side steps installed and hopefully there's some bolt tightening that will fix the leaking issue. Dealer hasn't encountered any santa cruz to work on yet. So I'm like the local ginuea pig..😒.

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Limited
215 Posts
My SC finally saw some rain today. It was kind of heavy at one point. The bed had water in many areas. I don't see the water running out of the recessed areas easily.

I actually bought a full size truck rubber mat. I'm going to use this as a template and cut it to fit the SC. Hopefully that will be a better solution than this mat.

View attachment 3308

View attachment 3309
In your opinion, how much better is the OEM mat at preventing items from sliding around?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yes, it's a "truck", but not a "work truck". And I don't know enough about Hyundai's composite bed to know how well it will hold up. ****, in my Ram 1500 I added a spay-in bed-liner AND a Weathertech Bed Mat in my $65K truck because I wanted it to stay looking like a $65K truck.

Now, as for the Hyundai bed mat? Mine came as part of the Cargo Package, so didn't have a choice, and for what it is, it's fine. It's not rubbery, but heavier items won't move around, and it should protect the floor of the bed just fine. However, they are on the expensive side for what you do get, so it may be worth waiting to see if others will make one for it as long as you don't plan on hauling around a bunch of stuff immediately. Otherwise, lay down some blankets to protect the bed.

At the end of the day, I want to try to keep the bed of my SC looking as nice as the rest of the truck. She's too **** pretty to get all scuffed up!!
Wow. I do not know which is more worrisome. Someone paying $65K for a truck or Dodge actually selling a truck for $65K.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Here is another aftermarket bed liner made specifically for the SC that John A bought:
EXACTMATS X-Edition™ Rimless, All Season Mats
(Click on Select Package "Bed Liner")
I got this also and am happy with it: exact fit, doesn't trap water, works with the Brunk lid and after the discount on the site got it for $94.50 - not too bad. Kind of a semi soft rubber material (not hard plastic) and seems to hold things well without sliding.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts