Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering what a ballpark money factor and residual value is for a Santa Cruz. I'd be particularly interested in SEL Premium or Limited with 12k miles per year.

I'm curious if they are offering any competitive leasing deals.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I looked at a SEL premium last weekend for a lease and was quoted $474/mo with ~$4500 down. The dealership did have a $1k markup. I checked around and use YAA and was commented that it was high and should wait or reconsider. I " want" a SC and if deal isn't right I'll wait which I have.
I wanted to lease hoping for a lower payment and an easier transition to a new gen SC in 3 years. Being a new model with basic color choices I thought this was a way to go.
If I'm purchasing a SC it will be a limited. I do plan on towing and will need the 7pin. I really want the blind spot monitor and camera views too. If the quality is anything like my last two Hyundai's (300k miles) this should be a car to own for many years.
Love to hear what kind of offer you get.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm in Virginia. I got some numbers. For an SEL Premium, for 12K miles, the money factor was .00215 (eff rate 5.16%) and the residual was 60%.

MSRP $37,805 (Including factory options)
Dealer Delivery Prep Fees $695 (wouldn't budge)
Dealer Processing Fee $499
Sales Tax $1,693
Tags $65.75
Lease Aquisition Fee $650
Total Price $41,408

12k miles per year
.00215 Money Factor (5.16%) - Financed through Hyundai Motor Credit - Excellent Credit
60% Residual

36mo. Lease Payment $655/mo. (No down payment, 1st Payment due at least signing, 35 remaining payments)

What kills the deal is the Money Factor. Hyundai is not going to promote their leases at the launch. Maybe there will be deals with 3rd party lease parties. Also the dealer wouldn't budge on the Delivery Prep Fee which is basically their way of charging a markup. Residual isn't too bad, but my son recently bought a Sonata and got a 62% residual on lease with 12k miles, so that's also telling me that they don't have much faith in the residual value of the Santa Cruz and not willing to take any chances.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks for posting those numbers. I know the consensus from the leasing numbers and reviews are claiming the vehicle is quirky and likely to have lower resell values. My suspicion is that has a chance to hold its value pretty well, especially if the community builds a good aftermarket with some mods and accessories.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm supposed to pick up my truck tonight. Found a dealer with no additional fees!! So nix that Dealer Delivery Prep Fee. However, it does look like the Money Factor and Residual is going to be the same. It's high, but I think I'm still going to lease it.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz LTD AWD Hampton Gray
39 Posts
Hyundai is not doing an aggressive lease on the Santa Cruz for the same reason they haven't run one on the Palisade-they don't have to. A lease special is still and incentive to buy, and they don't feel the need right now. I've seen it numerous times with a newly redesigned model, or a new model completely. Heck, they stopped even offering a lease program PERIOD for the Palisade for two weeks at the end of July.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts