Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
I can understand your POV. Where did you read they are coming out with all electric version next year?
"Hyundai’s Chief Creative Officer, Luc Donckerwolke, told Autocar UK that the company would apply an electric powertrain to the Santa Cruz. He said the company would have to wait a bit, but electrification was definitely on the cards for the truck. Donckerwolke didn’t mention a timetable but expect to see the first electrified Santa Cruz in 2023.": Electric or Hybrid "not far off" on the Hyundai Santa Cruz [Update]

As always, accuracy is TBD. But looks like EU first, then US. The other point is that Hyundai has stated in the past that they are driving toward having a gas and elec. of most models. I think the thing to watch is how soon the electric Tucson comes. Being the same platform, they are likely to have a power train for both. We shall see...

·
Registered
2018 GMC Canyon Extended Cab All Terrain
15 Posts
Second guessing, oh yeah! Been waiting to see some evaluations of the "adventure" aspect, for me that's what it can do off-road. I want something smaller than my 4WD Canyon, with some comfort points for my aging bones. I'll be looking at a Subaru Outback Wilderness (definitely comfy) and a Jeep Willys this weekend. I've owned 2 door Jeeps in the past, maybe they have gotten a little more comfortable and quieter in the last year or so (not likely :cool: )

No markups on MSRP from Subaru or Jeep dealers I'm working with. No dealer addon fees, just a doc fee and the standard tax, title, license. Both in the same price range as a Limited SC I signed up for back in April, on the lot, ready to drive off.

Both of these vehicles have good re-sale value, so I may revisit the SC in a couple years after the dust settles.

·
Banned
GET YOUR ADVENTURE ON!
469 Posts
Cruising the net today I got tempted by a "Siren Girl" Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited-X 4X4 with Tow Package in the color I've longed for the last few years. Still love this vehicle, but at $20K more OTD with -$2,250 in Jeep incentives than my spec'd Santa Cruz SE AWD there is no way she's going to tempt me with her spell this close to the SC real deal.

Every time I hear talk of all electric vehicles or the Ford Lightening this song goes through my mind like the Baby Shark song does when someone mentions sharks. :LOL:

·
Registered
2021 Toyota Venza Limited
208 Posts
Just put down a refundable deposit on this one

so looking at these 2 scenarios:
  • getting a 2022 Special Color TRD Pro Tacoma 6 speed manual
  • a dealer nearby willing to sell me a limited sage or blue SC from dealer lot and no more than MSRP
which ever happens first I'll go with that.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Nice color! (Are you listening, Hyundai?)

BTW, gonna change yer name to "boughtthetaco"?

·
Registered
2021 Toyota Venza Limited
208 Posts

Hyundai should have kept the bright gold color available on Sonata N-line for Santa Cruz, I'm a sucker for bold and fun colors.
Lol, there are about probably 200-300 of that exact spec of that Tacomas out there, so I'm not optimistic that I can even get one because Toyota doesn't take any custom order, it's all just random dealer allocation so my dealer could potentially not get any at all.

So I'd say Hyundai can still win, all I need is for the next 6-12 months a dealer not playing any games and getting a relatively rare combination (my guesstimate limited sage or blue only make up of 5% of all SC production)

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Ultimate (eventually)
324 Posts
It's pretty much Sage or bust for me. Might consider Hampton grey, but that's a tough sell. If I'm dropping over 50k on this (Canadian=pay more), I'm not settling for anything except exactly what I want. Or I'll walk away and get something else. Even considering the idea of a few year lease on something until the market settles down again, of it comes to that. This will be our first time opting for the loaded trim with all the whistles and bells, so I'm being fussy. Also, because I don't desperately need a new vehicle right now, we just want one to replace two old ones.

·
Registered
173 Posts
It's pretty much Sage or bust for me. Might consider Hampton grey, but that's a tough sell. If I'm dropping over 50k on this (Canadian=pay more), I'm not settling for anything except exactly what I want. Or I'll walk away and get something else. Even considering the idea of a few year lease on something until the market settles down again, of it comes to that. This will be our first time opting for the loaded trim with all the whistles and bells, so I'm being fussy. Also, because I don't desperately need a new vehicle right now, we just want one to replace two old ones.
Thats almost exactly where I am at. I like the SC a lot, but I want what I want, and I am not paying a premium for anything less. A lease isn't a terrible idea while they are getting these rolling.

·
Banned
GET YOUR ADVENTURE ON!
469 Posts

You mean "BoughtSpicierTaco" :ROFLMAO:

That's a nice TRD! Might be able to buy TWO Santa Cruz SE's for what that will cost.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm just trying to figure out how long it'll take to get the SC, I may have to wait awhile with 35k in demand and the factory I assume can only produce probably a fraction of that per month. The only other choices are the Ridgeline and Maverick for me. With the Maverick, the business end of the truck lacks footsteps like the SC's bumper corners, which is silly they didn't include that, also Ford quality isn't as high as Hyundai's. I like the SC's trunk, just like my current 2011 Ridgeline, but its smaller. The Ridgeline swinging tailgate is awesome, so I'd miss that, but the SC checks most boxes, including better MPG, my Ridgeline get 13mpg local 22 mpg highway.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Re: Santa Cruz bumper steps. When I first saw them as part of the first official reveal, I thought, COOL.

But now...I mean, what are you actually going to use them for? You can just reach in from the tailgate and over the bed pretty easy. I can see the utility of these in GMs full size trucks where the lift over and lift in is a much greater distance? Or maybe if people put on a raised bed rack?

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Ultimate (eventually)
324 Posts
They're really handy when you're trying to reach something up near the front of the bed with the tailgate up - or if you're climbing in/out of the bed with the tailgate down. It's a few extra inches of reach when you need it. It's one of the things I DON'T like with the Maverick, honestly. The bumper steps are great on any truck that has them. I can't figure why GM has been the only one with them for years now!

·
Banned
GET YOUR ADVENTURE ON!
469 Posts
I'm thinking those steps might come in handy if you want to get into the bed yourself. Put one foot on the step and the other foot goes all the way up and over the closed tailgate onto the bed floor. Haven't tried that and have never owned a truck with them before. I fact, I've never even owned a real truck since about 1980 and that was a Toyota SR5 single cab that got a 2" lowering kit the day I bought it. More like creating my own Sport Adventure Vehicle before it was even cool. Only other thing close to a real truck were 3 El Camino's over the years. I've always liked the car like ride and driving experience with an open bed in the back. That's why I've been frustratingly waiting for 6+ years to own a Santa Cruz. My wait will soon come to an end. :)

81 - 96 of 96 Posts