Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL (Ice White)
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided to mount an AppleTag in my SC for easy tracking. Like Fleet Asset Management. But on a budget.

Mounted on read window using 3M tape behind a decal.

Two perks I’ve already noticed….
Easy to find my car with the directional arrows in the Find My App.

And with geofencing I know when my vehicle leaves my work home or anywhere really without my doing

Now just waiting for apple to fix the shoddy wireless CarPlay issues with Hyundai vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
Phantom Black Limited AWD
150 Posts
So I decided to mount an AppleTag in my SC for easy tracking. Like Fleet Asset Management. But on a budget.

Mounted on read window using 3M tape behind a decal.

Two perks I’ve already noticed….
Easy to find my car with the directional arrows in the Find My App.

And with geofencing I know when my vehicle leaves my work home or anywhere really without my doing

Now just waiting for apple to fix the shoddy wireless CarPlay issues with Hyundai vehicles.

Is this something that you can already do with Bluelink?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is this something that you can already do with Bluelink?
Probably. But I like the ease of access a from the Apple environment. Also, I’m not 100% on blue link as when I asked sales when filling out forms for insurance they said they don’t think it has vehicle recovery or tracking.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On the Bluelink app, there is an icon for Maps on the bottom right (for Android).
When you tap it, one of the options is Car Finder. That should show where your vehicle is.
There it is. Guess I have redundant tracking. ;).

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,131 Posts
Yep. I checked my Bluelink app last night and it's under Find My Vehicle in the menu. Nothing wrong with a little redundancy! Plus, as you mentioned, the Tag will give you directions when you're lost in a parking lot ... Bluelink will just tell you if you're in the right parking lot.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL Premium AWD 2.5T Blue Stone
189 Posts
Yep. I checked my Bluelink app last night and it's under Find My Vehicle in the menu. Nothing wrong with a little redundancy! Plus, as you mentioned, the Tag will give you directions when you're lost in a parking lot ... Bluelink will just tell you if you're in the right parking lot.
It looks pretty accurate to me. It's depicting the position pretty much exactly where I parked it this morning. And I'm parked on the first level down of an underground garage, so it doesn't have a clear shot at the sky, but still is able to be located.

Product Azure Rectangle Font Screenshot

·
Registered
Limited
180 Posts
One nice thing about the apple air tag is that it will work. Whereas Bluelink will not work if a theif disconnects the battery of the vehicle. So not a bad thing to have installed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts