Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL (Ice White)
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Outside of the anticipated connection drops for wireless car play… has anyone else experienced other issues?

My most common is the “navigation v music” transition. Navigation and Siri prompts only play out of the driver speaker only. Problem is, it doesn’t always unmute the music and/or push music back to All of the speakers.

Has anyone else had these issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL Premium
9 Posts
I only had trouble with the wireless connection three times. This happened within the first two weeks of owing the SAV. Otherwise no problems so far with 1,700 miles.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL Premium AWD 2.5T Blue Stone
189 Posts
The only issue(s) I've experienced are the fact that it wants to default to CarPlay, regardless of what I'm doing. So it keeps switching focus to the phone, where I have nothing playing, instead of SiriusXM. I finally disconnected screen projection, and it fixed it. At least, I thought it did. This weekend I reconnected Screen Projection so we could use the map to get home from Fort Worth, and now it defaults to Connected, even when I have it disconnected.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz - Blue Stone / SEL Premium
33 Posts
I was having quite a few issues with wireless CarPlay. I did some digging on other Hyundai forums (Tucson/Venue) and found that it was quite common unfortunately. Here is a summary of what I gathered:
a) there were less issues with the newer iPhones however I did see many people with iPhone 12s with issues​
b) most issues came after a certain time so the group consensus was it was caused by an Apple update.​
c) going to the dealership didn’t seem to help, some people on the Venue forum said they had the dealer update the infotainment firmware and it helped however we SHOULD have the most current one​
d) some people had CarPlay cut out always the same location so they came so the conclusion it was sensitive to other signals.​
e) the new IOS update to 15 didn’t fix anything
I looked up some recommendations and was able to get a solid connection by experimenting with a couple things. I will say I do have a few hiccups here and there. Here is what I recommend:

- Press the reset button on the bottom left. It is a very small button on the panel itself and you need something similar to a fine tip pen. I believe I saw someone disconnected the phone projection (CarPlay), pressed it and waited a hour and connected with no problems after.

I did this, and while there was some improvement, there were still some issues. I read on a forum that the Audio for CarPlay used Bluetooth while the other apps and projection itself used Wifi. Without forum guidance I starting tinkering with settings myself and found great improvement. Keep in mind my words “improvement”.

• Go to settings (not on CarPlay or the phone - the Hyundai screen). Press the wifi option and the only option should be to reset the wifi connection or something along those lines. I found resetting the wifi creates a new link between the phone and vehicle.
  • I looked at my wifi connection on my phone and turned off “low data mode” in the phone wifi settings. Not sure if this really does anything for the connection I was having.

After I did this my connection now seems to be much stronger. Can’t guarantee it will work however it helped me not pull my hair out when using my CarPlay.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was having the same issue. Just generated a new Wi-Fi key through the SC infotainment system and it fixed my issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts