Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think we've been a victim of an experiment....to see how much interest or buzz they could create. Doesn't look like it was enough to convince them to build it. Guess I've have to put another 150k miles on the baja

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got 160k on mine. Will be sinking another 3 to 4K into it to make it last well into the future (new tires, full brake job, new front wheel bearings, and shocks/struts).

·
Registered
729 Posts
haha looks like we're part of Hyundai's market research, but with how interested i've seen other brands about this segment all it is for us is a matter of time.

and surely Hyundai wants to be one of the first to get in on this trend.

Have you started to look into alternatives?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Quote:

"The minds behind the Hyundai ute/pickup have said that all the preliminary work that’s necessary for it have been completed. The Santa Cruz has toed the line and all that’s left is an official announcement of its arrival.

No official announcement has been heard. It has all gone a little too quiet all of a sudden. The stamp of approval has already been given and we’re guessing there’s a production-ready model that’s waiting to be seen by the public. Where is it?"

Looks like it's time to look for another ? I would like to still hold my hopes high though.... not in a rush to get an upgrade.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I crossed $200K on my Baja and will continue to maintain it to drive it (love it). I am very interested in what I see in the Santa Cruz and if the price point is right, I will do a first day order on the Santa Cruz.

·
Registered
8 Posts
According to Autoblog by Ben Carlson:

Others are taking notice. Jeep unveiled the Wrangler Pickup with promises to reach production by late 2017. Honda just revealed the second generation Ridgeline. Riding on a unibody car platform, it rides smoother and gets better fuel economy but maintains the majority of hauling capability that most users will ever need. Hyundai appears to be following this tack, unveiling the Santa Cruz with room for 4 and a concept suggesting an extendable bed to make room for all your toys despite its compact standard dimensions. Even Ford is considering bringing the Ranger back to the U.S., which is still sold abroad.
I guess late 2017 then????

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's been so long since we've heard anything, i've lost interest.
If it's not important for them to keep us informed, I'm gonna look for other options like the new Honda Ridgeline.
Sorry Hyundai, you lost one customer.
Later.

·
Registered
113 Posts
2017 isn't too long of a wait and my current rider is still running fine without any need for work. Just wish Hyundai would give us little crumbs of info to keep people interested.

·
Registered
102 Posts
It's been so long since we've heard anything, i've lost interest.
If it's not important for them to keep us informed, I'm gonna look for other options like the new Honda Ridgeline.
Sorry Hyundai, you lost one customer.
Later.
They lost more than one. I got a new Subaru Outback last fall, instead of the new Tucson after they botched that launch up, and when the lease on this expires in late 2018, I'm sure I'll have plenty of these ute-type vehicles to choose from. So disappointing, but that train left the station and I really don't believe they give a rat's arse.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I might just get a Toyota Tacoma while I wait, perfect segment for me to get into since it sits right above the Santa Cruz but under something like the Tundra or F-150.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My prediction is that in about a month or two, right after I purchase the new Ridgeline or one of the twins, they'll make an announcement!

·
Registered
113 Posts
I think Hyundai is reallocating a lot of their resources elsewhere and the Santa Cruz is just sitting there. We probably won't hear anything until later this year.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Yeah it's going to be a while and some people just won't be able to wait.

Might be a good idea to start discussing competition or just alternatives since there will be a number of us unwilling to wait.
Only thing is, with any current alternative, you might be getting more truck than you originally wanted.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts