Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate walking out to my vehicle to find scratches and dings from some idiot who parked beside me and left without leaving a note. Are there any products that bot look good and will be effective in protecting my Santa Cruz?

Registered
I'd be interested in something like this too. Two weeks into owning mine I got a nice door ding. People suck. 馃槨 I did see there's a door accessory that covers the lower part of the doors, bit I don't know if it's meant to protect anything.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ordered these from ebay over the weekend and should arrive next week or 2 and hopefully the daily high temp is above 60F to allow good adhesive bonding
The OEM door garnish are just not available at all for the past few months. When they are available, I'll still get them, every bit of protection helps at different heights
I would love to see pictures when you install them.

Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
I would love to see pictures when you install them.
will do, I have been parking in Siberia every time I have to park in public just to avoid having any cars around me, so far no dings and scratches but parking too far and too remote can invite potential vehicle break-in too so not a perfect solution.

Registered
I'd like to see the install pics as well. If the color match is good I'll most likely get some. Nothing worse than having to look at that ding ever time I walk up to the door.

Registered
I used these on my Dodge Challenger when I could not find any "safe" parking spaces. Takes but a second to slap them on an off. They're magnetic. They come connected with a lanyard and a rubber donut on the end, the idea being that you put that end inside the car and close the door on it so they can't be stolen because you wouldn't be able to pull the rubber donut through the door jamb. I cut off that cable for two reasons. 1. so I could place the door shox wherever I wanted them depending on what I was parked next to and 2. because I'd rather they were stolen then have someone tugging on the cable. However, they were never stolen or messed with in all the years I've used them. They also just stick together magnetically for storage. With these you don't have to permanently alter your car and just use them when needed.

Registered
I used these on my Dodge Challenger when I could not find any "safe" parking spaces. Takes but a second to slap them on an off. They're magnetic. They come connected with a lanyard and a rubber donut on the end, the idea being that you put that end inside the car and close the door on it so they can't be stolen because you wouldn't be able to pull the rubber donut through the door jamb. I cut off that cable for two reasons. 1. so I could place the door shox wherever I wanted them depending on what I was parked next to and 2. because I'd rather they were stolen then have someone tugging on the cable. However, they were never stolen or messed with in all the years I've used them. They also just stick together magnetically for storage. With these you don't have to permanently alter your car and just use them when needed.
I like this. Definitely going to look into them.

Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
I'd like to see the install pics as well. If the color match is good I'll most likely get some. Nothing worse than having to look at that ding ever time I walk up to the door.
my order's canceled because they don't yet have Blue Stone color to paint, so I'll have to wait a few more weeks at least for them to get the paint
I bought from them before and they color match very well

Registered
While those magnetic protectors look pretty cool, I would think they would be a target for thieves.
Everything is a target for thieves. As I said, I've used them for years and no one ever touched them, to my surprise. I don't conduct my life according to what any criminal might do. I just take whatever precautions I can when I can. Replacing these if they were stolen would be cheaper and less stressful than repairing a dent with paint damage..

Registered
Look into a ceramic coating. They help with surface scratches and light dings from rocks. Plus it makes your car shine. I love my ceramic coating, but its an investment and you can only hand wash it moving forward.

Registered
PPF aka Paint Protection Film. It can't do anything for dents but will protect from scratches. Covering the whole vehicle will be expensive ($3 to 5k), so most people just do the hood, mirrors and rocker panels to protect from rock chips. I've had the front of two track cars done and the stuff works.

Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
Everything is a target for thieves. As I said, I've used them for years and no one ever touched them, to my surprise. I don't conduct my life according to what any criminal might do. I just take whatever precautions I can when I can. Replacing these if they were stolen would be cheaper and less stressful than repairing a dent with paint damage..
I am wondering how you would open and close the front doors, if you used the 4-piece set. It looks like the two sections on each side are connected by a piece of rope or similar. It that actually the case or is the picture lying to us? (the white car in the ad photo)

Registered
I am wondering how you would open and close the front doors, if you used the 4-piece set. It looks like the two sections on each side are connected by a piece of rope or similar. It that actually the case or is the picture lying to us? (the white car in the ad photo)
Yes you have two sections of dense rubbery foam type material connected by plastic coated steel cable. Then there is another plastic coated steel cable between them with a rubber donut on the end. You simply toss the donut end in the car, close the door then place the sections on the car. They are very light weight. When you come out of a store for example, just pull off the two sections face the magnet sides toward each other and they will pop together to one piece, then open the door to free the donut end and toss in the trunk or back seat. These are not permanent side protection. You use them wherever and whenever you want. But as I said, I cut off the cables so I could have independent pieces and place them further front or back depending on what I was parked next to I just look at the next car and gauge where their door would hit and place them there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts