Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Stone Blue SEL AWD
61 Posts
On a different but similar note, twice in the last month I have thought another driver was trying to cause an accident and it look like it was my fault. Was thinking maybe an insurance scam. Since I'm a very conservative and patient driver there was no problem.

·
Registered
2022 Black SEL Premium AWD
45 Posts
... If im taking someone's car and risking prison or getting shot over a joyride im taking the Hellcat, Porsche, Ferrari, corvette, Ford GT....at bare minimum it will be a GT mustang or Camaro. Not a 14.5 second car/truck. Nobody ever had a poster of a Hyundai hanging over their bed as a dream car.
Clearly you assume all criminals think things through, with tons of dash cam and security footage proves otherwise. Most criminals don't put logic and reason into action, they just do it in the moment and that's why most people "can't imagine why someone would do that."

I have an 04 Mach one and an 02 Trans am. I love them but They are dogs compared to the new base v8 camaro or mustang. Base gt has 460 HP and Camaro has 455. In 01 you had to spend a ton of money to get a true 13 second quarter.
What did you do the mighty LSJuan you couldn't run a 13 without spending a ton of money? They were running mid to low 13's stock across the board. Now if you talking the '93-'97 LT1, then yea good luck without replacing the optispark and intake manifold gasket first. 😆

·
Registered
252 Posts
Clearly you assume all criminals think things through, with tons of dash cam and security footage proves otherwise. Most criminals don't put logic and reason into action, they just do it in the moment and that's why most people "can't imagine why someone would do that."

What did you do the mighty LSJuan you couldn't run a 13 without spending a ton of money? They were running mid to low 13's stock across the board. Now if you talking the '93-'97 LT1, then yea good luck without replacing the optispark and intake manifold gasket first. 😆
Bone stock. And 6 speed. With drag radials yeah it will hit low 13s with a good driver. We are also closer the probably the least forgiving nhra track in the country. Thunder valley. Dog or not by today's standard, the black ram air ws6 6 speed is just a beatiful car. Lol. And I'm not even a General Motors fan for the most part.

And the comment about spending a ton was on a new car that would hit 13s stock. Not modifying one. Basically the dohc mustang/ ls camaro was the cheapest cars to get high 13s. Corvette or higher priced for low 13s. While now 13s is just a mid level car and several truck/ suv are that fast. You can get over 700 hp from the dealership with a warranty on the f150/ Mustang or the Mopar cars. A camry (the benchmark for slow,reliable, and boring....) has over 300 HP. The past 15 years has made massive bounds in the car world.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Bone stock. And 6 speed. With drag radials yeah it will hit low 13s with a good driver. We are also closer the probably the least forgiving nhra track in the country. Thunder valley. Dog or not by today's standard, the black ram air ws6 6 speed is just a beatiful car. Lol. And I'm not even a General Motors fan for the most part.

And the comment about spending a ton was on a new car that would hit 13s stock. Not modifying one. Basically the dohc mustang/ ls camaro was the cheapest cars to get high 13s. Corvette or higher priced for low 13s. While now 13s is just a mid level car and several truck/ suv are that fast. You can get over 700 hp from the dealership with a warranty on the f150/ Mustang or the Mopar cars. A camry (the benchmark for slow,reliable, and boring....) has over 300 HP. The past 15 years has made massive bounds in the car world.
Yes and no, you get what you pay for and at today's prices it better exceed yester-years performance. When a Civic can go for more than $30K and a 700hp truck goes fro $80K+. My '96 pre-ordered with everything minus SS package, leather and auto was under $23K out the door in '95.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Yes and no, you get what you pay for and at today's prices it better exceed yester-years performance. When a Civic can go for more than $30K and a 700hp truck goes fro $80K+. My '96 pre-ordered with everything minus SS package, leather and auto was under $23K out the door in '95.
23k in 95 is nearly 50k today. Most any new 50k dollars car will thump that 96 ss or my ws6 or mach one.. lol. That 50k easily gets you a 450+ HP camaro/Mustang. With money for 5 dollar gas to spare. A new corvette is 60k.

A base 5.0 f150 is 30k. Add a Roush blower for 12k installed and there is your 700hp with warranty for 42k. Pretty good bargain really . Thats the reflash, and install. The kit is 9k but would be a warranty fight so id pay the 3k for installation. Even a supercrew for 40k and the 12k roush package is only 52k. Running mid 12s.

·
Registered
45 Posts
23k in 95 is nearly 50k today. Most any new 50k dollars car will thump that 96 ss or my ws6 or mach one.. lol. That 50k easily gets you a 450+ HP camaro/Mustang. With money for 5 dollar gas to spare. A new corvette is 60k.

A base 5.0 f150 is 30k. Add a Roush blower for 12k installed and there is your 700hp with warranty for 42k. Pretty good bargain really . Thats the reflash, and install. The kit is 9k but would be a warranty fight so id pay the 3k for installation. Even a supercrew for 40k and the 12k roush package is only 52k. Running mid 12s.
$43K is more accurate, but sure. That was my point, for the money it better be outperforming after 20+ years of advancement. Definitely not comparing performance of the Opticrack powered '96 to current production despite the current model Camaro's interior is just as outdated in appearance.

As far as a base F150 for 30K and a Roush blower for $12K, good luck. You'll get an anemic V6 F150 for $34k unless your saying used car market or a bare bones new 2wd V8 XL. No one is buying that trim to sink half the value in getting it boosted unless they got money to burn or just want a burnout truck for Cleetus and Cars. :LOL:🇺🇲

·
Registered
252 Posts
$43K is more accurate, but sure. That was my point, for the money it better be outperforming after 20+ years of advancement. Definitely not comparing performance of the Opticrack powered '96 to current production despite the current model Camaro's interior is just as outdated in appearance.

As far as a base F150 for 30K and a Roush blower for $12K, good luck. You'll get an anemic V6 F150 for $34k unless your saying used car market or a bare bones new 2wd V8 XL. No one is buying that trim to sink half the value in getting it boosted unless they got money to burn or just want a burnout truck for Cleetus and Cars. :LOL:🇺🇲

Actually majority of the blown 5.0 I see are 2wd or 4x4 reg cab. (They run low 11 high 10s BTW absolutely smoking my Mustangs and Trans am) not far off of the alltime beast supercar McLaren F1 time. (I had those posters on my wall as well)

I personally paid 55 for my 2021 loaded (minus sunroof) supercab xlt 5.0 . The base supercab 5.0 is 45k. The supercrew is high 30s. Not all dealers are charging markup and Ford is almost entirely built to order so it's harder for them to gouge. They actually plan to move more to the Tesla-ish, built to order strategy. The Ford performance/ roush blower is right at 9k. Its 12k installed with warranty. I didn't pull numbers from air. I have the truck. The Ford unit is 700 HP. The Whipple is a bit higher and 775 HP. Would be hard pressed to get that warrantied though

And the most anemic v6 offered now is 300 HP....which is about what a v10 had in 2000. That's the 3.3 which I've never seen. Most stripped fleet trucks are the 325 Horse 2.7. Then up to the 400+HP 5.0 or 3.5 TT

All of that is my point. 20-30 years has been harsh to cars. An 86 countach is slower than current camry. We are seeing sub 2 second 0-60 nowdays. Was a dream 20 years ago

·
Registered
252 Posts
despite the current model Camaro's interior is just as outdated in appearance.
It is pretty bad. Lol. Was a cavernously dark pit when it came out and it aged worse. Amazing car but yes most everyone agrees the interior and view is torturous.

I for one like the 02 body better. Especially the Pontiac. The new car is a handling beast comparatively though. Lol

·
Registered
45 Posts
Please stay on topic. Thanks. :)
LOL, the thread was dead for 6 months. A 700hp truck you can make sure no one follows you a bit better. ;)

On that note, haven't been followed yet. Standard license plate, 15% windows, no stickers or anything to draw attention from another all black SC and don't piss people off in traffic also helps.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
LOL, the thread was dead for 6 months. A 700hp truck you can make sure no one follows you a bit better. ;)

On that note, haven't been followed yet. Standard license plate, 15% windows, no stickers or anything to draw attention from another all black SC and don't piss people off in traffic also helps.
Just because the thread was quiet for 6 months doesn't mean that it should be brought back by a couple of gearheads who want to talk about cars. They should start their own thread and not clutter up mine.

I'm glad that you haven't had a carjacking event.

·
Registered
SEL w/ ‘Activity Pkg’ in Sage
212 Posts
To help get back on track a little, something funny happened to me today.
I parked in my grocery parking lot and happened to notice a small orange PU passing slowly behind me. It was my 1st Maverick! He kept going after slowly checking my SC out. I was hoping he’d park in the next row so I could get a photo op, but he exited the lot. He definitely followed me in to check mine out, haha!

·
Registered
997 Posts
Maybe he's having 'buyer's remorse.'

·
Registered
SEL w/ ‘Activity Pkg’ in Sage
212 Posts
Personally, driving a blaze orange vehicle is not for me, nor is the Maverick.
Dude was in his mid/late 20’s I’m guessing. There’s no missing him so I’ll get that photo op at some point. Sure cracked me up!
Then a lady I used to work for (and had a crush on) came over to have a look. Sweet day in the parking lot! 😁

21 - 37 of 37 Posts