Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL AWD
96 Posts
Seems to me like that should have been a known issue and perhaps Hyundai should have considered a different material or just left it bare. Especially for something a person's hands are going to touch every time they shut the door from the inside.

·
Registered
Ice White SEL 2.5 AWD non turbo w/activity package
66 Posts
Mine has started too. It’s not lotions, chemicals, or anything else. Mine is peeling on the “side wall” of that little pocket. And I have never even put anything in there. Where it’s peeling has literally never been touched. I’ll see what my dealer says next oil change.

·
Registered
2 Posts
After 6 mos the armrest on the driver side and the passenger side are peeling away.
There is a matte finish, thin coating that is flaking off. Underneath is a shiny black plastic armrest,
Any ideas? Anyone else? View attachment 12156 View attachment 12156
Brought the problem to the Hyundai dealer from whom I bought the truck.
He took photos and sent them to the "home office" .
I was told that I would learn within a week if the damage was under Warranty or not.
Hmm ....

·
Administrator
302 Posts
And here I thought it was a bumper to bumper warranty-unless it was accident damage or abuse. They trying to say it’s abuse?
"Bumper-to-bumper" doesn't mean everything is covered. There are plenty of exclusions such as "normal deterioration or wear of any part" and "slight irregularities not recognized as affecting quality or function of the vehicle or parts".

Download the PDF⁠ 2022 Warranty Handbook⁠

·
Registered
22 Posts
Same thing happening here, I have been pretty careful and tried to keep everything clean but finally saw some peeling on the drivers side. 7,000 miles

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL AWD
96 Posts
At this point I think we can all expect this to happen eventually. At least those in the SEL and below that don't have the piano black trim there. I need to check with the guy who tints my windows about possibly getting that wrapped in vinyl.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Same issue with mine as well. It started to peel very early on. All seem to be on drivers side with the most use. Waited until my recent first oil change, and brought it to the advisors attention. He said it looked like it's from a scratch ( which it's not ) but was able to order a one time replacement under warranty. It's a very poor mat finish coating that seems to be very susceptible to peeling from oils, rough skin, rings etc. Once I get the new panel I might put some PPF film on it. Otherwise, I'm sure it will peel again. Perhaps there are some aftermarket trim kits available?

·
Registered
Ice White SEL 2.5 AWD non turbo w/activity package
66 Posts
It’s not oils, rings, lotions, etc. look at where this is peeling. It started inside and is working it’s way up. I’ve never even touched it or picked at at.
Automotive tire Grey Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Registered
159 Posts
All of this should be warranty…no brainers. Any coating…..on door handles especially, should be serviceable enough to last minimum through the warranty period (longer preferred) and without any special treatment, other than normal care. If the manual specifically mentions not to use certain cleaners….then so be it…but I’m not hearing that is the case here. Sounds like the coating is just plain defective. IMO this should have just been solid plastic…no coating applied. I like my Piano Black handles (no issues) in my SC and this is one time I’m glad to have it. I’m sure this issue is unsightly. Hyundai should step up and fix this for you guys!

41 - 60 of 81 Posts