Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Ultimate (Limited in the US)
772 Posts
1.6mpg??????????????????? I hope that's not the real 318mi tally showing!!

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL Premium AWD 2.5T Blue Stone
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1.6mpg??????????????????? I hope that's not the real 318mi tally showing!!
The 318 miles is distance to empty. The 12 miles on the right is the total odometer.
the 1.6mpg is what the got moving it around the lot during prep. I took it on a 6+ mile test drive, and the mpg improved.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Ultimate (Limited in the US)
772 Posts
Oh man, sorry ... that's my bad. LOL Whew! Yeah, 12 miles ... lots of idling on the lot there. Whew!! I think it's time for a nap.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Send us a picture when it's finally yours.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So the total experience was pretty good.
When we arrived, we saw it parked outside, prominently displayed near the building.
We had to wait 10-15 minutes when we first got there, because our replacement salesperson (Erica) was with another customer.
When she freed up, we chatted for a few minutes, and she said she’d get us set up to go on a test drive. We put 6 miles on it, in pouring rain. We were very impressed by the acceleration of the turbo, the comfortable ride, and the handling. It has lots of little features that our almost 10-year old Veloster doesn’t.
When we returned, Erica went over the pre-delivery paperwork with us. Then we were sent to the waiting room to wait on the finance dept to be ready for us. I told them I had financing set through our credit union, but that I was willing to give them a shot at beating that rate.
the finance department misunderstood the information and got us the same rate. I decided to stick with the CU, for the simplicity and convenience. The finance officer also knew nothing about the $100 reservation fee, but she had me forward the two confirmation emails to her boss. But then she forgot to tell me to write my check for $100 less, and I forgot to ask about it, too. They hadn’t tinted the front windows, or charged us for it, either, so we’ll apply the $100 to that cost. And worst-case scenario, we get it refunded.
We signed all the paperwork, I wrote two checks totaling $40,227.26, they gave us the keys, and we headed home at 3:45pm.
I tried to connect the Homelink mirror to our garage door opener. While doing so, I accidentally caused the opener to forget all of our existing openers, including the MyQ opener. I was able to get the 4 openers reconnected, and did some research and figured out how to connect the Homelink. Now I just have to contact Chamberlain support on Monday to have them walk me through reconnecting the MyQ to the opener.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I saw mine unloaded from the hauler and it came with 16 miles, I guess they had fun with it in Alabama
Unfortunately since this is a new model at dealerships, sales personnel and potential customers take them out and drive like madmen to check acceleration/handling. I was with a customer who did this during a test drive. Not so good for the "break in" period, correct?

·
Registered
2020 Kia Stinger GT2
81 Posts
So the total experience was pretty good.
When we arrived, we saw it parked outside, prominently displayed near the building.
We had to wait 10-15 minutes when we first got there, because our replacement salesperson (Erica) was with another customer.
When she freed up, we chatted for a few minutes, and she said she’d get us set up to go on a test drive. We put 6 miles on it, in pouring rain. We were very impressed by the acceleration of the turbo, the comfortable ride, and the handling. It has lots of little features that our almost 10-year old Veloster doesn’t.
When we returned, Erica went over the pre-delivery paperwork with us. Then we were sent to the waiting room to wait on the finance dept to be ready for us. I told them I had financing set through our credit union, but that I was willing to give them a shot at beating that rate.
the finance department misunderstood the information and got us the same rate. I decided to stick with the CU, for the simplicity and convenience. The finance officer also knew nothing about the $100 reservation fee, but she had me forward the two confirmation emails to her boss. But then she forgot to tell me to write my check for $100 less, and I forgot to ask about it, too. They hadn’t tinted the front windows, or charged us for it, either, so we’ll apply the $100 to that cost. And worst-case scenario, we get it refunded.
We signed all the paperwork, I wrote two checks totaling $40,227.26, they gave us the keys, and we headed home at 3:45pm.
I tried to connect the Homelink mirror to our garage door opener. While doing so, I accidentally caused the opener to forget all of our existing openers, including the MyQ opener. I was able to get the 4 openers reconnected, and did some research and figured out how to connect the Homelink. Now I just have to contact Chamberlain support on Monday to have them walk me through reconnecting the MyQ to the opener.
Thanks. I kind of don't like that dealership ... only been there once, but it just seems sort of old-fashioned or something. lol. But since it 's part of the Freeman Auto Group and it's the Jerry Reynolds (the "Car Pro") designated dealership, that's where I'll likely go.

By the way, I checked their inventory and they don't show any SC's. Lots of dealers don't update their listings very often, though, so they may have some.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks. I kind of don't like that dealership ... only been there once, but it just seems sort of old-fashioned or something. lol. But since it 's part of the Freeman Auto Group and it's the Jerry Reynolds (the "Car Pro") designated dealership, that's where I'll likely go.

By the way, I checked their inventory and they don't show any SC's. Lots of dealers don't update their listings very often, though, so they may have some.
We’ve had great experience with their service department, much better than we had with Van Hyundai in Carrollton.
While we were chatting during the pre-financial paperwork, Erica showed me their current inventory list for the Santa Cruz. It showed only 4 - mine, 2 that were marked as sold, and one other. I only saw mine on the lot. The demo model I saw earlier was gone (apparently the Hyundai rep is moving it between dealers to drum up interest). It could be that the others haven’t arrived, or are still in the pre-prep area. She also told me that the truck it was on arrived late Tuesday, and the finance person said it was the first one they sold.
———————
I did have a fun experience at the first place we stopped after taking the Veloster home. We went to Warby Parker to get my wife’s glasses adjusted, and I sat in the truck to play with the settings. When she finished, she came around to my side of the truck and said that a staff member has questions about the Santa Cruz, and would I mind showing him? I spent about 10-15 minutes going over the features and answering his questions. He already knew a lot about it. He was excited to see one in person

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
572 Posts
Unfortunately since this is a new model at dealerships, sales personnel and potential customers take them out and drive like madmen to check acceleration/handling. I was with a customer who did this during a test drive. Not so good for the "break in" period, correct?
Not so good, but many don't follow that and rarely end up in some catastrophe during the first 2 years. Maybe if car could have made it to 250k miles but ended up with just 200k before engine is ****ed up

1 - 17 of 17 Posts