Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SEL (no turbo) AWD with Activity. Paid MSRP (told them i wouldn't pay higher) - well plus all the taxes etc. Got people in here beating down the door for them. Came off the truck and they called me - I was here 30 minutes later and they told me they had other people asking about it.

Oh and no dealer add-ons either. They tried to push the Armor-All but I passed on that.

I'll post pictures and a driving review later.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just first impressions while waiting on the financing dude. Tons of front leg room. I'm 6'2" so I put the seat all the way back before I got in. Actually had to slide it forward a good bit to comfortably reach the pedals. Dash is all digital, but the HVAC and radio controls are knobs. As I said, I'll post pics of the entire buggy when I get home. All tingly to get behind the wheel...again!

·
Registered
19 Posts
SEL (no turbo) AWD with Activity. Paid MSRP (told them i wouldn't pay higher) - well plus all the taxes etc. Got people in here beating down the door for them. Came off the truck and they called me - I was here 30 minutes later and they told me they had other people asking about it.

Oh and no dealer add-ons either. They tried to push the Armor-All but I passed on that.

I'll post pictures and a driving review later.
Congrats and lucky! Dealerships in GA are "requiring" the purchase of protection packages to the tune of 6k extra which they don't even specify on their listings. Clear false advertising and bait and switch tactics abound.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congrats and lucky! Dealerships in GA are "requiring" the purchase of protection packages to the tune of 6k extra which they don't even specify on their listings. Clear false advertising and bait and switch tactics abound.
The salesdude told me that the GM was considering marking it up - I told him let's do the paperwork now! It was probably only off the truck for 30 - 45 minutes before I got there. The other one they had sold as I was sitting there.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will say, the finance guy said "I did a little better than that I thought and got you a 4.5% rate" (all three of my credit scores were "excellent", so he didn't try too hard). Told him Hyundai was advertising 1.9% for 60 and 2.9% for 72. He mysteriously "found" me a 2.5% rate for 72 months - imagine that (I'll pay it off sooner, but like to have the cushion just in case.)! So it's not just the salesmen out to get you - it's all around the entire dealership! And just say "NO!" to extended warranties!

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
572 Posts
I will say, the finance guy said "I did a little better than that I thought and got you a 4.5% rate" (all three of my credit scores were "excellent", so he didn't try too hard). Told him Hyundai was advertising 1.9% for 60 and 2.9% for 72. He mysteriously "found" me a 2.5% rate for 72 months - imagine that (I'll pay it off sooner, but like to have the cushion just in case.)! So it's not just the salesmen out to get you - it's all around the entire dealership! And just say "NO!" to extended warranties!
well, my finance guy somehow innocently made a mistake adding $1000 to the price instead of subtracting because that was deposit made towards the vehicle, I looked at the number and pointed it out and the whole contract had to be voided and re-do

if I had just rushed the process and trusted the finance guy to have everything calculated correctly, I might have walked out with $2k loss.

Luckily by law, there's a simple lending form that explicitly spells out financed amount, interest charge, APR, and terms, be sure to check that contract carefully. If there was a mistake, which I haven't experienced fortunately, maybe there's a way to correct that even if both parties signed it?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well, my finance guy somehow innocently made a mistake adding $1000 to the price instead of subtracting because that was deposit made towards the vehicle, I looked at the number and pointed it out and the whole contract had to be voided and re-do

if I had just rushed the process and trusted the finance guy to have everything calculated correctly, I might have walked out with $2k loss.

Luckily by law, there's a simple lending form that explicitly spells out financed amount, interest charge, APR, and terms, be sure to check that contract carefully. If there was a mistake, which I haven't experienced fortunately, maybe there's a way to correct that even if both parties signed it?
"woops, sorry. Let me fix that" :rolleyes:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh, and they had no info at all on the $100 "deposit" so it looks like I have to either track down the concierge, Hyundai USA or contact my credit card. The only reason I was on top of his call list was because I've been bugging him for two months

·
Registered
376 Posts
The 72 months is an active program, but it is for 2.9%, so looks like he dropped it a bit:

Low APR
Effective August 3, 2021 - September 7, 2021
Effective 8/3/2021 - 9/7/2021 Special Low 1.9% APR (up to 36 months) at $28 per $1,000 financed for qualified buyers. Special Low 1.9% APR (up to 48 months) at $21 per $1,000 financed for qualified buyers. 1.9% Annual Percentage Rate (APR) up to 60 months. 2.9% Annual Percentage Rate (APR) up to 72 months. APR financing available, subject to credit approval by Hyundai Motor Finance to very well qualified buyers and not available on balloon financing. Only a limited number of customers will qualify for advertised APR. Down payment will vary depending on APR. Bonus Cash must be applied as a down payment. Must take delivery from a participating dealer and from retail stock from 8/3/2021 - 9/7/2021. New vehicles only. This incentive is for a limited time offer on eligible Hyundai vehicles and may not be combined with other special offers except where specified. Dealer contribution may vary and could affect actual monthly payment. See your participating Hyundai dealer for more details on these special offers. Finance contract must be signed and dated no later than 9/7/2021. Must be financed through Hyundai Motor Finance (HMF). Tax, title and license extra. See participating Hyundai dealer for details.

They are also running a "dealers choice"
Dealer Choice Cash
$500 Dealer Choice Cash available on all Hyundai 2022 Santa Cruz purchased from dealer stock between 8/3/2021 and 9/7/2021. Must be financed through Hyundai Motor Finance (HMF). Tax, title and license extra.
Customers who participate in a Special Lease or Low APR program through Hyundai Motor Finance (HMF) do not qualify for Dealer Choice Cash. See participating dealer for details. Dealer Choice Cash offer ends 9/7/2021.

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
572 Posts
The 72 months is an active program, but it is for 2.9%, so looks like he dropped it a bit:

Low APR
Effective 8/3/2021 - 9/7/2021 Special Low 1.9% APR (up to 36 months) at $28 per $1,000 financed for qualified buyers. Special Low 1.9% APR (up to 48 months) at $21 per $1,000 financed for qualified buyers. 1.9% Annual Percentage Rate (APR) up to 60 months. 2.9% Annual Percentage Rate (APR) up to 72 months. APR financing available, subject to credit approval by Hyundai Motor Finance to very well qualified buyers and not available on balloon financing. Only a limited number of customers will qualify for advertised APR. Down payment will vary depending on APR. Bonus Cash must be applied as a down payment. Must take delivery from a participating dealer and from retail stock from 8/3/2021 - 9/7/2021. New vehicles only. This incentive is for a limited time offer on eligible Hyundai vehicles and may not be combined with other special offers except where specified. Dealer contribution may vary and could affect actual monthly payment. See your participating Hyundai dealer for more details on these special offers. Finance contract must be signed and dated no later than 9/7/2021. Must be financed through Hyundai Motor Finance (HMF). Tax, title and license extra. See participating Hyundai dealer for details.
or he found another lender that beat HMF's 2.9% 72 months

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
And of course, since I was their first sale of the model they want to take a picture of me when I go in later tonight to pick it up. Good thing, so I ca go home and shower and not be wearing my work uniform. Trying to figure out what pose to use! 🤣 🤣 🤣

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Ultimate (Limited in the US)
772 Posts
And just say "NO!" to extended warranties!
If you're in the US with the 10/100k warranty, I'd be inclined to agree. But it's only 5/60 (100,000km) in Canada. On a new model with a new platform under it, 1st generation ... I'll take my chances on the extended if the price is reasonable. So far, every one I've ever purchased has paid for itself before it expired. With the mileage we put on our vehicles commuting, the factory one will make it two years ... but not likely three. We bought our Equinox August 26th last year - and rolled past 50,000km (~31,000 miles) on the way to work this morning. A 100,000km warranty would disappear fast. At least with the SC we should be splitting up the mileage and stretching both warranties out a fair bit. Still going to take the extended. If they're offering it, and the cost isn't more than it's worth, I'll try to go 8/200,000km bumper to bumper. Electronics get very expensive very fast and have a habit of waiting until you're out of warranty to malfunction. :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
I watched a lot of the videos on Home on this (plus other purchasing tips if anyone needs it). If you're not getting an advertised APR for the loan or getting them to match or beat your personally gotten loan, ask if its the 'buy rate' cause they may be jacking it up to line their pockets.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts