Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving home from the detail shop where my SC had been all day getting protection— undercoating, rustproofing, front clear bra, polymer -ceramic hybrid wax. I’m one week into ownership and still learning all the “smart” things.

Suddenly the car alert beeped and the climate control seemed to go haywire. Everything came on FULL blast, and I was pushing OFF and every other button like crazy but it wouldn’t respond.

I said to the friend with me “It’s fried!” “She said calmly, “No it’s not. Read the manual. There’s an explanation.” Wise words.

Auto Defogging System 5-92
If a high amount of humidity is detected in the vehicle, the Auto Defogging System will be enabled. The following steps will be performed automatically:
Step 1) Air conditioning will turn ON.
Step 2) Air intake control will change toFresh mode.
Step 3) Mode will change to defrost todirect airflow to the windshield.
Step 4) Fan speed will be set to MAX.

• When Auto Defogging System is operating, fan speed adjustment, temperature adjustment, and air intake control selection are all disabled.

—-

The AI of this thing is gonna kill me yet.

(This is the Canadian mid-level, Preferred Trend. I’m not sure what trims have it in US versions.)

·
Registered
Hampton Limited
32 Posts
I was driving home from the detail shop where my SC had been all day getting protection— undercoating, rustproofing, front clear bra, polymer -ceramic hybrid wax. I’m one week into ownership and still learning all the “smart” things.

Suddenly the car alert beeped and the climate control seemed to go haywire. Everything came on FULL blast, and I was pushing OFF and every other button like crazy but it wouldn’t respond.

I said to the friend with me “It’s fried!” “She said calmly, “No it’s not. Read the manual. There’s an explanation.” Wise words.

Auto Defogging System 5-92
If a high amount of humidity is detected in the vehicle, the Auto Defogging System will be enabled. The following steps will be performed automatically:
Step 1) Air conditioning will turn ON.
Step 2) Air intake control will change toFresh mode.
Step 3) Mode will change to defrost todirect airflow to the windshield.
Step 4) Fan speed will be set to MAX.

• When Auto Defogging System is operating, fan speed adjustment, temperature adjustment, and air intake control selection are all disabled.

—-

The AI of this thing is gonna kill me yet.

(This is the Canadian mid-level, Preferred Trend. I’m not sure what trims have it in US versions.)
Did the weather conditions warrant the SC’s actions?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did the weather conditions warrant the SC’s actions?
I believe it was humid inside the vehicle because of being in the detail shop all day. It was actually in the shop when I got there and they were finishing washing it, so when we drove it away the humidity level would have naturally changed.

As an aside, the detail shop owner— (JR—an excellent detailer in Edmonton) loved the SC so much that now he is thinking of buying one. This was the first he had done. I’m aware of 3 owners here on the forums in YEG but maybe there are more in town. Dunno. Haven’t seen any yet.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,074 Posts
I haven't that happen yet, but was aware of the auto-defog. I can see that being really useful in the winter when cars come out of the cold into a warm/humid service bay and back into the cold. Nothing like icing up the interior windows! A couple of socks full of crystal kitty litter also makes some rather effective desiccant packs for drying out the air. Plus, people always ask why you have socks on your dash. LOL Worked pretty well in our last two vehicles, even if it looks weird.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts