Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL Premium AWD 2.5T Blue Stone
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a loaner Sonata that had the Auto Hold feature for a couple of days this year, and I see the Santa Cruz comes with it, too.

I understand what it does.

What I want to know is, do the brake lights stay on when it is activated, and the driver removes their foot from the brake?

If not, I could see it inviting an accident.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I had a loaner Sonata that had the Auto Hold feature for a couple of days this year, and I see the Santa Cruz comes with it, too.

What I want to know is, do the brake lights stay on when it is activated, and the driver removes their foot from the brake?

Common sense would dictate that the break lights are activated when auto hold is on an activated. If you start or shift or whatever to move the SC, it would then turn them off when auto hold releases... but that is just based on common sense. :)

"The vehicle will remain stationary even if you release the brake pedal."

·
Registered
2020 Kia Telluride/2014 Chevrolet SS
27 Posts

The brake lights are most certainly activated when the system is working. Same as when smart cruise control is providing braking because of a car in front, the brake lights will come on in that instance as well.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL Premium AWD 2.5T Blue Stone
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Common sense would dictate that the break lights are activated when auto hold is on an activated. If you start or shift or whatever to move the SC, it would then turn them off when auto hold releases... but that is just based on common sense. :)

"The vehicle will remain stationary even if you release the brake pedal."
The brake lights are most certainly activated when the system is working. Same as when smart cruise control is providing braking because of a car in front, the brake lights will come on in that instance as well.
Yes, common sense and logic tells me that the brake lights come on and stay on, I was just wanting confirmation that they do so.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts