Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Black Limited
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got back from discount tire with my new wheels and tires. 17”x8” 5x4.5” 30mm American Racing 105M wheels with Michelin CrossClimate2 245x65 17R matches the stock diameter tires. They look more agressive in the tread than the website shows. The wheels are outboard about a half an inch over the stock 7.5” 49mm offset wheels and these 17”s are pretty close to the caliper so wheel weights need to be a bit creative. Haven’t driven it enough to know how much better it will handle but it does seem to ride smoother than the 20”s. Now I just have to find somebody that wants 20”s!

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
Black Limited
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Like the old school vibe! Those will really stand out on the lighter colors too. Looks good.
These black ones are no longer being made for US distribution per American Racing, These were tucked away somewhere down in Charleston and my dealer lucked up and found them. Wanted 7.5" but hey, had to take what was available. The silver ones are still available though and they would look good on some of the other colors too. If I had to redo I'd go with 18" as these 17" are a definitely a snug fit.

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity
1,207 Posts
I owned a black Porsche 914. Love the look of black cars, but hate keeping them clean. Years later I slipped and bought a black BMW 633, it looked sooooooooo... good in black. **** dust and dirt had me swearing every week at the car wash until I got a condo with a garage and an employer with a parking garage. It wasn't so bad then. Going form garage to garage it didn't get dirty very fast. I'm sure glad I found my Blue Stone Santa Cruz, because the Black ones that were available looked so good I was starting to get tempted.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just got back from discount tire with my new wheels and tires. 17”x8” 5x4.5” 30mm American Racing 105M wheels with Michelin CrossClimate2 245x65 17R matches the stock diameter tires. They look more agressive in the tread than the website shows. The wheels are outboard about a half an inch over the stock 7.5” 49mm offset wheels and these 17”s are pretty close to the caliper so wheel weights need to be a bit creative. Haven’t driven it enough to know how much better it will handle but it does seem to ride smoother than the 20”s. Now I just have to find somebody that wants 20”s!

View attachment 2972 View attachment 2973

View attachment 2974 View attachment 2975
Very nice!!!!!!

·
Registered
78 Posts

View attachment 2972 View attachment 2973

View attachment 2974 View attachment 2975
Looks outstanding! And that is the exact tire I wan't to put on mine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts