Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About every third or fourth time I back up, when shifting into Drive, the backup camera stays on (usually, it will switch over after driving forward a few feet). The radio also stays muted. I've found that I have to push the camera button (by the gear shift) to get it back into "normal" mode. Not a big deal, just a little glitch, but just wanted to see if anybody else has been having that problem.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Telluride/2014 Chevrolet SS
27 Posts
About every third or fourth time I back up, when shifting into Drive, the backup camera stays on (usually, it will switch over after driving forward a few feet). The radio also stays muted. I've found that I have to push the camera button (by the gear shift) to get it back into "normal" mode. Not a big deal, just a little glitch, but just wanted to see if anybody else has been having that problem.
You didn’t mention it in your post, but I’m assuming you have a model with the 8” infotainment? You did state that the rear camera stays on, so that would mean you don’t have the Limited and its bigger screen.

If the Santa Cruz is like other Kia/Hyundai models, you should have an option to “extend rear camera” which will keep it on until you get to a certain speed. If you don’t want that to happen and would rather have the camera go away when you’re not in reverse anymore, turn that feature off. You’ll have to dive into settings if that’s still an option.

You also should have a sound setting to turn off the lowering of the volume when the camera Is displayed if you don’t want that to happen, either.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
You didn’t mention it in your post, but I’m assuming you have a model with the 8” infotainment? You did state that the rear camera stays on, so that would mean you don’t have the Limited and its bigger screen.

If the Santa Cruz is like other Kia/Hyundai models, you should have an option to “extend rear camera” which will keep it on until you get to a certain speed. If you don’t want that to happen and would rather have the camera go away when you’re not in reverse anymore, turn that feature off. You’ll have to dive into settings if that’s still an option.

You also should have a sound setting to turn off the lowering of the volume when the camera Is displayed if you don’t want that to happen, either.
Thanks - yes I do have the 8" screen. I'll dig into the settings/menus

And I just found it in the manual. So many things in this system, I really need to go through the manual again!

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium 2.5T AWD
77 Posts
I have the larger screen myself and I have the same issue. I got used to it pretty quickly but there is an option to customize to your specific taste.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Only when you start going forward at a certain speed will it go off

1 - 6 of 6 Posts