Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just doing some baseline runs before the JB4 gets here tomorrow. I’ve noticed a loud clicking noise shortly after taking off Has anyone else noticed this? Sounds like it’s coming from the front drivers side area
Blue Light Azure Font Line
Blue Product Azure Screenshot Font

·
Registered
21 Posts
I wonder if this works on the SC DCT.

On my Lancer Ralliart that comes with DCT. I was able to launch harder if I press and release the gas pedal quickly (like a quick pumping) a few times, then smash it down and the revs will go over 5k rpm before moving. It wasn't an abrupt launch but faster than just pressing the pedal and wait.

I have an old video doing it. You can hear me pressing and releasing the gas pedal quickly before flooring it.

·
Registered
Limited
162 Posts
@Messana What tunes do you plan to run? 91, 93, e20 (I believe that is the blend tune it comes with)?

Did Burger recommend changing plugs? Or to reduce the gap on the factory spark plugs?

I'm interested to see the results. Every vehicle of mine seems to find it's way to being modified and tuned. Gotta love that E85! haha

·
Registered
155 Posts
I wonder if this works on the SC DCT.

On my Lancer Ralliart that comes with DCT. I was able to launch harder if I press and release the gas pedal quickly (like a quick pumping) a few times, then smash it down and the revs will go over 5k rpm before moving. It wasn't an abrupt launch but faster than just pressing the pedal and wait.

I have an old video doing it. You can hear me pressing and releasing the gas pedal quickly before flooring it.
That's extremely quick for a Ralliart. That can't be stock. Evo like acceleration.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well.... so far not so good. Installed the jb4 yesterday and codes galore. So after going back and forth with terry trying different things and sending data logs they’re sending me out a new board for it. We’ll see.

Took everything off and it’s back to normal. Install isn’t too bad, took less then an hour Start to finish the first time. Worst part is the beta wiring harness plugs they have right now until they can get the Hyundai plugs for it.

@Messana What tunes do you plan to run? 91, 93, e20 (I believe that is the blend tune it comes with)?

Did Burger recommend changing plugs? Or to reduce the gap on the factory spark plugs?

I'm interested to see the results. Every vehicle of mine seems to find it's way to being modified and tuned. Gotta love that E85! haha

·
Registered
Limited
162 Posts
That is a shame. Hopefully it is a board issue and not that the Santa Cruz needs a whole new start to get them tuned. Being the first is always an adventure! Been there, done that.

At least Terry seems to be a great guy and is extremely helpful. I have my fingers crossed it all works out soon.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya I’ve been down this road a couple times with new cars I’ve bought. I’m getting really good at installing the jb4 on the SC though, down to about 10 minutes. 🤣😂.
That is a shame. Hopefully it is a board issue and not that the Santa Cruz needs a whole new start to get them tuned. Being the first is always an adventure! Been there, done that.

At least Terry seems to be a great guy and is extremely helpful. I have my fingers crossed it all works out soon.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just got the tracking for the new board that’ll be here Monday so Monday night we’ll see how it works.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts