Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
The below link has worked very well for me, small and big stuff. Once I linked them together when I needed a bigger net.

Wheel Tire Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

·
Registered
31 Posts
I bought mine at Amazon. It's like 4x6 but I fold it in half and use the carabiner clips included to lock it down.

Just traveled 300 miles at 79 MPH with a crapload of stuff in the back. Held it in perfectly.

·
Registered
SEL w/ ‘Activity Pkg’ in Sage
257 Posts
I have the Hyundai cargo net. They have a tailgate net too, and for what they charge, they should give you both.
That said, the OEM one works fine, no problems, but if I was to do it again I’d buy a cheaper, universal one like the one above from Amazon.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the Hyundai cargo net. They have a tailgate net too, and for what they charge, they should give you both.
That said, the OEM one works fine, no problems, but if I was to do it again I’d buy a cheaper, universal one like the one above from Amazon.
Yep. My SEL came with a truck bed liner. Who needs that? I would have opted for net, tie downs and whatnot.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Does the OEM net stretch out much? The 4x6 amazon nets sound too large for the bed and the 3x4 too small. Might help if I knew the dimensions of the OEM net for comparison I guess

Yep. My SEL came with a truck bed liner. Who needs that? I would have opted for net, tie downs and whatnot.
Not a fan of the bed liner? It's on my list because I've heard it helps keep items from sliding around in the back

·
Registered
31 Posts
Does the OEM net stretch out much? The 4x6 amazon nets sound too large for the bed

Not a fan of the bed liner? It's on my list because I've heard it helps keep items from sliding around in the back
Not much. In fact, the liner slid more when loading up a big piece of cargo. I was afraid the liner/carabiner clips would break sliding the item in.

·
Registered
340 Posts

·
Registered
SEL w/ ‘Activity Pkg’ in Sage
257 Posts
@CanadianCruzer

“Does the OEM net stretch out much? The 4x6 amazon nets sound too large for the bed and the 3x4 too small. Might help if I knew the dimensions of the OEM net for comparison I guess”

It seems like it’s more 3 1/2 X 3 1/2.
It stretches pretty well. I had it over a pile of irregular junk going to the dump and it worked well.
mostly hook it to the floor behind the cab and attach it to the cleats in the back to keep this bin from flying around. It squishes up well and I keep it in a side bin.

Photograph Vehicle Hood Light Automotive lighting

Automotive tire Plant Rectangle Automotive exterior Vehicle

·
Registered
3 Posts
The below link has worked very well for me, small and big stuff. Once I linked them together when I needed a bigger net.

View attachment 11492
Did that 4x4 off-road sticker come on it, or is that something you added? Looks rad.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I added the stickers. Took weeks of looking but finally found (amazon) a somewhat appropriate sticker, with orange in it, that had all the angles like the truck has. Thanks for the comment, I either get the rare comment like yours or the it’s not a 4x4 comments from “real” trucks. Truth be told my little truck spends more time “off road” than most jacked up monsters :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts