Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
Limited
301 Posts
Right now it's listed as $10,000 from Hyundai. It may come down some eventually. An aftermarket option would probably be a more reasonable cost. Whenever they become available.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I don't know of an aftermarket version, etc. right now, but just wanted to chime in that the factory tonneau cover has some real limitations, as well (so maybe aftermarket will be better in the end). It consumes about 5-6" of the bed on the top side of the bed, and you do have to maintain it once-in-a-while and take the "lid" off. Hopefully there will be some good aftermarket ones available at some point, as well. Best of luck!!

Car Wheel Land vehicle Automotive parking light Vehicle

·
Registered
46 Posts
I don't know of an aftermarket version, etc. right now, but just wanted to chime in that the factory tonneau cover has some real limitations, as well (so maybe aftermarket will be better in the end). It consumes about 5-6" of the bed on the top side of the bed, and you do have to maintain it once-in-a-while and take the "lid" off. Hopefully there will be some good aftermarket ones available at some point, as well. Best of luck!!

View attachment 3046
Yah, plus it leaks.

·
Registered
2022 SEL-Premuim 2.5Turbo AWD
183 Posts
Any bed cover, short of a cap or rigid fiberglass flip up, leaks somewhat. Every pickup I’ve had with a bed cover leaked. I had it on more to keep snow out than water out. Doesn’t matter who makes it, water is going to get in. It is NOT GOING TO BE WATERPROFF.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Any bed cover, short of a cap or rigid fiberglass flip up, leaks somewhat. Every pickup I’ve had with a bed cover leaked. I had it on more to keep snow out than water out. Doesn’t matter who makes it, water is going to get in. It is NOT GOING TO BE WATERPROFF.
Your right, I was thinking of that old 72 pickup I once had with a snap on vinyl cover with those ribs, Oh those were the days.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts