Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been checking every few days and the bed extender just recently became available. Also, I think the projected price was $449 or $499, but the actual price is $399. Just ordered mine!

·
Registered
188 Posts
I’ve been checking every few days and the bed extender just recently became available. Also, I think the projected price was $449 or $499, but the actual price is $399. Just ordered mine!

In for one!! Thanks for the post! Wonder how many they've produced. I love how they didn't charge shipping or collect sales tax either. $399 out the door. If only buying the SC was this simple!!

·
Registered
Limited
162 Posts
The bed extender that is on the Maverick review video looks identical. Down to the mounting brackets. So it's probably manufactured by a 3rd party. So probably quite a few being produced to cover demands

·
Registered
28 Posts
I did Google them, they are a legit dealership. I also used Payal (and Amex) so I should be covered in case something is fishy. 😆 I do believe they will become cheaper in the future, I just needed one soon. So that works for me/my situation.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I did Google them, they are a legit dealership. I also used Payal (and Amex) so I should be covered in case something is fishy. 😆 I do believe they will become cheaper in the future, I just needed one soon. So that works for me/my situation.
I tried calling HyundaiParts but they are closed for the day. As long as they don't ship it out first thing, hoping I can cancel my order with them or get them to price match. It's about a $70 savings if I can make it happen.

·
Registered
Limited
162 Posts
There are dealerships for many brands that offer parts at dealer costs. They get volume kickbacks and other perks. So it isn't uncommon to see deals like that.

·
Registered
57 Posts

HYUNDAISHOP.COM is NOT Hyundai... Aftermarket.. As of yesterday you can NOT order the extender thru a dealership.. It LOOKS identical to the LUND Universal one...It is not..

·
Registered
188 Posts
HYUNDAISHOP.COM is NOT Hyundai... Aftermarket.. As of yesterday you can NOT order the extender thru a dealership.. It LOOKS identical to the LUND Universal one...It is not..
Are you saying the one from HYUNDAISHOP.COM is not OEM? It's an aftermarket? They don't advertise it that way. They specifically list it with the Manufacturer's Part Number.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Are you saying the one from HYUNDAISHOP.COM is not OEM? It's an aftermarket? They don't advertise it that way. They specifically list it with the Manufacturer's Part Number.
CORRECT Per 3 dealerships they have nothing to do with Huyndai...Knockoffs

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,076 Posts
Seems to me it's an enterprising dealership/dealership group who found a way to put genuine accessory sales online with a URL that appears to be factory Hyundai even when it isn't. Not exactly honest intentions, but at least it's coming from a genuine Hyundai source for factory accessories.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Seems to me it's an enterprising dealership/dealership group who found a way to put genuine accessory sales online with a URL that appears to be factory Hyundai even when it isn't. Not exactly honest intentions, but at least it's coming from a genuine Hyundai source for factory accessories.
Here's my dilemma. I bought the Bed extender from HyundaiShop for $399. Then I saw that another dealer was selling it for $315 plus shipping which was still cheaper. So, I tried calling Hyundai Shop to cancel my order before it shipped and they never returned any of the 3 calls I made. Then, the bed extender shipped. It arrived last Wednesday. I've left them 5 voicemails since and again not a single return call back. They are making it impossible to contact them. They don't have live people to talk to, just a voicemail box.

So at this point, I have a bed extender in a box. As 355rockit confirmed, the box shows it came from Garvey Hyundai and everything has genuine Hyundai labels and part numbers on it. I do believe it's a legit product.

However, I don't want to assemble and install it until I can talk to HyundaiShop. I want to talk with them about either negotiating a price match or an RMA with a prepaid shipping label to return it. But at this point, I'm concerned they'll even credit my card back if I return it.

They obviously try to avoid any contact after the online purchase. I have a good mind to block the charge on my credit card, but it is a legit purchase, just that they won't even give me a chance to return it. ****, even if I want to return it at my own cost to ship it back (it's very light), they won't return calls, so I really have no way to return it, so I don't know what to do at this point.

Anyway, for others, I'd be careful about ordering from HYUNDAISHOP. if only because they don't have any sort of post-sales customer service. For all I know, this is just some guy sitting in his basement running this website, marks up the products, and dropships them directly from other vendors. Then, he just lists a phone number that goes over to voicemail that's essentially a recycle bin..

·
Registered
Limited
162 Posts
Like I posted before, it's not uncommon for dealers to sell parts online. I deal with GM vehicles a lot and www.gmpartsdirect.com is a very popular website to get parts at dealer cost. GM doesn't sell parts to retail. So like others, you are buying from a dealership. Ford guys have Tasca Ford and a few others that sell parts at dealer cost as well.

Hopefully you can get some help with your purchase. Communication and customer service is lacking in many retailers. Hech, wholesalers as well. It's a shame. But the way many businesses are run now.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Here's my dilemma. I bought the Bed extender from HyundaiShop for $399. Then I saw that another dealer was selling it for $315 plus shipping which was still cheaper. So, I tried calling Hyundai Shop to cancel my order before it shipped and they never returned any of the 3 calls I made. Then, the bed extender shipped. It arrived last Wednesday. I've left them 5 voicemails since and again not a single return call back. They are making it impossible to contact them. They don't have live people to talk to, just a voicemail box.

So at this point, I have a bed extender in a box. As 355rockit confirmed, the box shows it came from Garvey Hyundai and everything has genuine Hyundai labels and part numbers on it. I do believe it's a legit product.

However, I don't want to assemble and install it until I can talk to HyundaiShop. I want to talk with them about either negotiating a price match or an RMA with a prepaid shipping label to return it. But at this point, I'm concerned they'll even credit my card back if I return it.

They obviously try to avoid any contact after the online purchase. I have a good mind to block the charge on my credit card, but it is a legit purchase, just that they won't even give me a chance to return it. ****, even if I want to return it at my own cost to ship it back (it's very light), they won't return calls, so I really have no way to return it, so I don't know what to do at this point.

Anyway, for others, I'd be careful about ordering from HYUNDAISHOP. if only because they don't have any sort of post-sales customer service. For all I know, this is just some guy sitting in his basement running this website, marks up the products, and dropships them directly from other vendors. Then, he just lists a phone number that goes over to voicemail that's essentially a recycle bin..
Try sending them a message via the order status page on HyundaiShop.com. I did this when it was taking a while for my order to ship and they responded the next day.

·
Registered
153 Posts
CORRECT Per 3 dealerships they have nothing to do with Huyndai...Knockoffs

Yeah... this is completely inaccurate. While HyundaiShop has nothing todo with Hyundai Motor America it is a legitimate web store being operated by a Hyundai dealership out of New York state. The parts are genuine OEM and yes they do charge a markup over what you probably could get the parts for from a local dealer.

I ordered the hitch and the bed mat from HyundaiShop and only issue was took them a while to ship.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Has anyone received a bed extender from Braman Hyundai?
I was lucky enough to find one locally, so while I had placed the order with Braman, I had to call them and cancel. They answered immediately, and even though they had already had issued a fedex shipping label for that order, they still were so courteous and canceled my order and fully refunded my money. I was blown away by their customer service, and I would absolutely not hesitate to buy from them any parts/accessories in the future. They could have easily said, sorry, too far in the ordering/fulfilling process to cancel your order.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts