Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the bed extender or bed fence, whatever you want to call it, the plastic cage to contain things in the bed. It has a strap on each side, which I presume is to keep it from hopping up from the tailgate when it is in use. I can't for the life of me, figure out where they are supposed to fasten on the tailgate. I tried fastening them to the latch on each side with no luck. I also tried to fit the ends into the little hole near the inside edge of the tailgate. Again, no go. If someone has figured this out, it would be a great help if you could let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I have the bed extender or bed fence, whatever you want to call it, the plastic cage to contain things in the bed. It has a strap on each side, which I presume is to keep it from hopping up from the tailgate when it is in use. I can't for the life of me, figure out where they are supposed to fasten on the tailgate. I tried fastening them to the latch on each side with no luck. I also tried to fit the ends into the little hole near the inside edge of the tailgate. Again, no go. If someone has figured this out, it would be a great help if you could let me know. Thanks.
They go into the actual side latches on the tailgate. Same latches used when you close it. Almost like inserting a seat belt end. You then unlock the tailgate to release them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They go into the actual side latches on the tailgate. Same latches used when you close it. Almost like inserting a seat belt end. You then unlock the tailgate to release them.
Thanks. You are correct. I thought that was the only way it would work but I obviously wasn't pushing hard enough. I appreciate the quick response.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts