Registered
'22 SC Limited Hampton Gray
780 Posts
As well you should. :)

·
Registered
SEL Premium Phantom Black
11 Posts
I installed this today in about 20 minutes. It is pretty difficult to get the t-clips on the wires just because there is so little space between the wires. I had to cut back the cloth sheath a bit.

The only problem I have with this is that when the lights are on and you close the tailgate, the lights stay on.

You have to open the tailgate again, press the button on the gate one extra time so they turn off, then close the tailgate. Unless I’m missing something.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I installed this today in about 20 minutes. It is pretty difficult to get the t-clips on the wires just because there is so little space between the wires. I had to cut back the cloth sheath a bit.

The only problem I have with this is that when the lights are on and you close the tailgate, the lights stay on.

You have to open the tailgate again, press the button on the gate one extra time so they turn off, then close the tailgate. Unless I’m missing something.
I thought it was said push the button again before closing gate or press the button on the dash.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·

This mod effectively turns the tailgate button into an on/off bed light button. I instinctually press the button twice when opening if I want the bed light off. You do not need to shut and open the tailgate itself, just push the button. Also, the bed light auto-shuts off after 5 minutes or so.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL AWD Olive Drab, 2017 VFR1200X
174 Posts
What I'd like is to be able to turn the light on while driving. I was going to add a little more lights and want to use as rear trail lights for backing up or just to see the trail behind me better in the camera. I don't have the extra lower lights. Mine is just an SEL AWD.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed the mod today. Took 10 minutes and works just like the video. I had to cut back the top wire cluster sheath a little bit to get enough access to the wire to tap it. The kit's wire taps are big, not sure if they make them smaller but dang that would have been better.

The bottom wire cluster was pain to remove. There is a small tab on top of it that you have t press while pulling, but it was tight. Not sure if the video was a different trim, but I have a limited and the space in there was much tighter than what the video shows. Anyway it worked and works as expected. It basically turns the tailgate button into a light control. This will be much better when loading groceries or what not at night.

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Limited White, Alfa Romeo 4C white/red, 996 Turbo violet metallic, 1M white, MSMiata red
135 Posts
21 - 27 of 27 Posts