Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I went on a test drive, I noticed that the two bed lights in the bed only came on when I opened the brunk. However, if the brunk is closed, the bed lights don't seem to ever come on, and there doesn't seem to be a way to manually turn them on. This seems strange to me. While I appreciate the extra lighting when you're trying to put stuff in the brunk, those two bed lights can also come in very handy anytime you fold down the tailgate. Is it just because I was doing the test drive during the day and not at night? Will the lights turn on at night when I put down the tailgate?

·
Registered
127 Posts
When I went on a test drive, I noticed that the two bed lights in the bed only came on when I opened the brunk. However, if the brunk is closed, the bed lights don't seem to ever come on, and there doesn't seem to be a way to manually turn them on. This seems strange to me. While I appreciate the extra lighting when you're trying to put stuff in the brunk, those two bed lights can also come in very handy anytime you fold down the tailgate. Is it just because I was doing the test drive during the day and not at night? Will the lights turn on at night when I put down the tailgate?
I noticed the same behavior. Although, there is a button (to the left of the steering wheel) that manually turns all the bed lights on.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Ultimate (Limited in the US)
772 Posts
There is definitely a switch on the dash, but it would have been sweet if dropping the tailgate also automatically turned them on. I didn't notice them come on other than with the brunk open on my test drive though.

·
Registered
289 Posts
There is definitely a switch on the dash, but it would have been sweet if dropping the tailgate also automatically turned them on. I didn't notice them come on other than with the brunk open on my test drive though.
I thought it did - now I have to go check!

Yep, they don't come on - even tried with the head lights on. The button on the dash does turn them on. Kind of an issue with the cover closed, but I can't tell how well the upper light lights up the bed in the daylight

1 - 5 of 5 Posts