Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Look like all of the accessories I want are higher than purchasing them as an accessory when buying (if you could of got them then.). Is anyone going to install the trailer hitch themselves? I don’t see and issue except for the tool for exhaust hangers. That might not be anything. One other thing cleaning out bolt holes.

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Look like all of the accessories I want are higher than purchasing them as an accessory when buying (if you could of got them then.). Is anyone going to install the trailer hitch themselves? I don’t see and issue except for the tool for exhaust hangers. That might not be anything. One other thing cleaning out bolt holes.
I wish I could, even dealers can't request accessories at the moment, it's all up to Hyundai what to install in Alabama.
The exhaust hanger removal tool is highly recommended in my opinion, I've used on many of my cars to which I put aftermarket exhaust systems on. It's really hard to get the muffler dislodged from the rubber isolator by bare hands, and one thing the installation didn't mention is PB blaster that you'll want to spray onto the rubber isolator so that the hanger gets lubricated and willing to slide out.
I won't worry about the thread chaser, the SC is too new to have rusty clogged threaded holes, the bolts should thread right in

·
Registered
56 Posts

Not cheap amoung bed mats, but hopefully it's good quality
Looks like the bed mat needs to be attached to the D-rings to secure it. That would take away 4 tiedown points, wouldn't it?

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like the bed mat needs to be attached to the D-rings to secure it. That would take away 4 tiedown points, wouldn't it?
I think you will still be able to use the 4 corner D-rings, just with less room because the straps of bed mat use some portion of the D-rings
and honestly, truck bed mats never fly away, they are so low to the bed floor and they are super heavy too, even without the straps they will stay there nicely

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have installed an after market hitch on my 2022 Tucson Hybrid. The installation instructions called for disconnecting the exhaust hanger and showed them using the special tool. I was able to dislodge it just fine with my bare hands. Yeah you had to push hard but it took me all of 20 seconds todo.

·
Registered
617 Posts
truck bed mats never fly away, they are so low to the bed floor and they are super heavy too, even without the straps they will stay there nicely
Depends on the truck and the weight of the bed mat. Can definitely have some light ones flapping away, at least in longer beds. With the short bed, maybe not, but again I'd be curious if this is like those heavier rubber style or those super lightweight cushiony style like the interlocking types you use in your garage and gym flooring. From that earlier video, it seemed like one of those really lightweight ones, but it also looked nothing like this and was a lighter gray I think. Hmmm...

Lightweight probably would be better anyway though, as that way you don't have any issues with the brunk opening. Would love to see an upload of how that works. Some bed mats are also installed with strong outdoor double-sided tape and velcro, so that might be an option too.

Edit: NM, I was remembering wrong. Its interesting he did feel the need to lift the mat before raising the brunk though.

·
Registered
511 Posts
... Its interesting he did feel the need to lift the mat before raising the brunk though.
He had to lift the mat to see where the brunk cover's handle was located. It sounded like he wasn't sure that the brunk was really under the mat. He says, "Now we can show you the storage compartment." Then he lifts the mat and says, as if to himself, "Yep."

• Haha
Reactions: JASmith

·
Registered
617 Posts
He had to lift the mat to see where the brunk cover's handle was located. It sounded like he wasn't sure that the brunk was really under the mat. He says, "Now we can show you the storage compartment." Then he lifts the mat and says, as if to himself, "Yep."
That's what happens when you just hire someone for their looks.

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

this just came

there is no install actually, just put it there and it's done

back side of that strap, a block

opening

My impression:

this mat is very light weight and VERY hard, it's borderline plastic, or maybe it is plastic, it definitely doesn't feel like a proper rubber mat like the one I had on the OEM Tacoma mat

and I test it with a tool box, I can easily slide the box on the surface of the mat, it's absolutely a joke in terms of being non-slip material

I'm okay with all the design except the material of this mat, almost $200 bucks and still have **** sliding around is unacceptable.

I'm keeping it until other aftermarket mat is available:mad:

·
Registered
617 Posts
I guess the idea is it protects the plastic underneath from scratches, but I agree, I'd want it anti-slip. Couldn't you adapt just about any universal mat?

I'd first get cardboard to make an exact template of the bed, and then use that template to perfectly cut to size a mat.

A razor, long metal straight edge, and spray lubricant should help cutting:

Granted there's the question of the hinge, but I would think you could simply make your own hinge between the two pieces you cut just using some kind of adhesive and a durable black cloth or other flexy material adhered on the bottom side where you won't see it, and either leave a gap between the two, or bevel the edges into a V shape so that when lifting up the brunk it doesn't meet interference. 👩‍🔧

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I guess the idea is it protects the plastic underneath from scratches, but I agree, I'd want it anti-slip. Couldn't you adapt just about any universal mat?

I'd first get cardboard to make an exact template of the bed, and then use that template to perfectly cut to size a mat.

A razor, long metal straight edge, and spray lubricant should help cutting:

Granted there's the question of the hinge, but I would think you could simply make your own hinge between the two pieces you cut just using some kind of adhesive and a durable black cloth or other flexy material adhered on the bottom side where you won't see it, and either leave a gap between the two, or bevel the edges into a V shape so that when lifting up the brunk it doesn't meet interference. 👩‍🔧
Yeah, I will have to research on that subject, I just don't feel my handy work will look nice cutting and trimming

·
Registered
617 Posts
and I test it with a tool box, I can easily slide the box on the surface of the mat, it's absolutely a joke in terms of being non-slip material
Another option I was just thinking of, what about using an anti-slip spray on that mat? I have no clue what's best, but see a lot of products:

Or maybe strips of anti-slip tape applied to the mat:

·
Registered
84 Posts
My impression:

this mat is very light weight and VERY hard, it's borderline plastic, or maybe it is plastic, it definitely doesn't feel like a proper rubber mat like the one I had on the OEM Tacoma mat

I'm okay with all the design except the material of this mat, almost $200 bucks and still have **** sliding around is unacceptable.

[/QUOTE]

I just ordered the mat -- FYI most items on the website are 5% off through Labor Day it you use the code LABOR5.

·
Registered
115 Posts
View attachment 2249

this just came

View attachment 2250

View attachment 2251

there is no install actually, just put it there and it's done

View attachment 2252

View attachment 2253

back side of that strap, a block

View attachment 2254

opening

View attachment 2255

My impression:

Mine came with it. Seems durable yet lightweight at the same time. I was able to slide a 48 pack of water bottles from Costco on it. Yet on the trip home I took lots of fast starts and stops and turns and the bottles never moved from the spot I placed them. So I think that once placed heavier items aren't as likely to move.

As for the tie down straps. If you use the ones at the end of the tailgate you can't open the brunk. So just going to leave them unattached.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts