Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Anyone know if Tacoma bed rail accessories would work with the SC bed rails? I found some mini tie-down hooks on Amazon for Tacoma bed rails. Someone noted that it worked on their Gladiator bed rails, so hoping they work on the SC bed rails.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Anyone know if Tacoma bed rail accessories would work with the SC bed rails? I found some mini tie-down hooks on Amazon for Tacoma bed rails. Someone noted that it worked on their Gladiator bed rails, so hoping they work on the SC bed rails.
I ordered the mini tie-down hooks to see if they work on the SC bed rails. Unfortunately these do not. They fit in the rails fine, but cannot be tightened down enough to keep it secured in one position. I may try to hone down the plastic guide a bit to see I can make it work. These were only $10 so no big loss.

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior Bicycle part

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive design Fixture

·
Registered
261 Posts
I did some mods on the mini tie down hooks. I disassembled and replaced threaded knob with 1/4" 20x2.5" eye bolt and the channel nut with a Home Depot 5/8" for channel with 1/4" thread. Worked well. You have to tighten it into the channel lock hole to secure it. It was $10 for the 4 mini tie downs and another $5 for Home Depot parts. Works well.
Motor vehicle Vehicle Vehicle door Automotive exterior Gas

Tire Grille Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Hood Grille Bumper Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.