Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Doesn't look like it is the same one. So it came with the mounts and crossbars? Can you provide a screenshot of the order details?
Sure, here's the screen shot. It's not the one's I ordered, but that's why I took a picture of the part number on the instructions. That way the part I have can be looked up.

Font Parallel Screenshot Number Document

·
Registered
2022 Ice White Limited AWD SC
31 Posts
Sure, here's the screen shot. It's not the one's I ordered, but that's why I took a picture of the part number on the instructions. That way the part I have can be looked up.

View attachment 3195
Thank you for sharing! What is the length of the cross bars that you received? Digging around I was able to find that they are the Rhino-rack Y06-560 Camper shell roof rack on pad mounts.

·
Registered
31 Posts

View attachment 3195
You definitely got lucky! I just received my Amazon order and it was what was described in the listing. How long are the cross bars that you received?

·
Registered
59 Posts
You definitely got lucky! I just received my Amazon order and it was what was described in the listing. How long are the cross bars that you received?
I'm thrilled with mine. But those that you received (that I actually ordered) should be easy to make a base for.
So, I'm away from home until next week, but I meant to post the dimensions before I left. As I remember the bars are about 45" and the bottom of the bases are just about the perfect 51" width. They fit perfectly on the slots with no modification. I used two 1" 1/4-20 carriage bolts for the bottom of each base. Then in the center of each base a 1.5" 1/4 - 20 carriage bolts.
I will take good pictures when I'm back home. Bit, overall I'm guessing my lucky shipment can be used as a blueprint to find alternative bars that will fit the same way.

Edited.....

Well, I'm on a train right now and cannot find these units listed anywhere. Using the part number on my pictured instructions. Sorry, everyone, I'll pull the instructions again when I get home and try to find a real answer.

MJ

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm thrilled with mine. But those that you received (that I actually ordered) should be easy to make a base for.
So, I'm away from home until next week, but I meant to post the dimensions before I left. As I remember the bars are about 45" and the bottom of the bases are just about the perfect 51" width. They fit perfectly on the slots with no modification. I used two 1" 1/4-20 carriage bolts for the bottom of each base. Then in the center of each base a 1.5" 1/4 - 20 carriage bolts.
I will take good pictures when I'm back home. Bit, overall I'm guessing my lucky shipment can be used as a blueprint to find alternative bars that will fit the same way.

Edited.....

Well, I'm on a train right now and cannot find these units listed anywhere. Using the part number on my pictured instructions. Sorry, everyone, I'll pull the instructions again when I get home and try to find a real answer.

MJ
Finally found it in Amazon, you got it for about 10% the price!! Did you have to buy the bolts/hardware separately or did they come with it?

Rhino-Rack Cap/Topper/Canopy Roof Rack Kit with Vortex Bar https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0037ODU2...abc_DQE4X5383CAVR3NJZ9ZS?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
59 Posts
Finally found it in Amazon, you got it for about 10% the price!! Did you have to buy the bolts/hardware separately or did they come with it?

Rhino-Rack Cap/Topper/Canopy Roof Rack Kit with Vortex Bar https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0037ODU2...abc_DQE4X5383CAVR3NJZ9ZS?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Now that was some good sleuthing!!!. I don't see the part number that is in my pictures, but it is most certainly the bars.

All of the hardware was included. But I did use my own carrige bolts. The bolts that came in the kit would work but were just a standard hey head. The carriage bolt slide right in and don't twist at all as you tighten them. I literally have about $1 in those bolts. You get them at tractor supply for about $2 a pound.

I'm glad to know the load capacity of the bars also. They are very well built.

MJ

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hello, all! Just continuing the discussion here in case you're interested. I put together a super economical solution for carrying my bikes -- all-in, probably about $40 including the fork-mounts for the bikes (I usually haul 2-3 bikes).

My primary objectives were:
1) Carry my bikes easily and securely
2) Develop a solution that could be removed easily
3) Utilize a solution that allowed me to still get in the garage (my 1Up rack makes my SC too long for my garage)
4) Allow the bed of the truck to still be used and not affect the operation of the tonneau cover or tailgate

Anyway, super simple version 1, and I'm very pleased. I'll make more improvements eventually (maybe even paint V1 lol), but wanted to share in case you were interested.

Good luck!

Here's the thread: One way to use your t-tracks (bed rails)

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Bicycle

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
17 Posts
What I want to see is someone use the rails that go across the roof and attach an attachment to the rear rail to hold the front bicycle fork. Then the rear bike tire is in the bed. That would keep the height of the bike lower on the vehicle. Then see if you could have multiple bikes in the bed with the tailgate up.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts