Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know if an adult size road bike or mountain bike will fit in the cabin with the rear seats folded up?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I agree a bike should fit in the back with seats folded up if the front wheel is removed, i can try it out t this week for you

·
Registered
27 Posts
Maybe a dumb question, but, why wouldn't you put it in the bed instead of the backseat?
Not OP, but I did just try to fit 2 mt. bikes in my bed w/ a tailgate cover (and I have the tonneau). One of the bikes is a 29 in, the other 27.5in.

It was not as easy of a fit as I would've hoped. :/

It works. But... That tonneau cover means I had to angle the bikes pretty severely. No idea if I could really get a 3rd or 4th in there.

Though I also imagine for some people who have rather expensive bikes they may just feel better with them in the cab.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree a bike should fit in the back with seats folded up if the front wheel is removed, i can try it out t this week for you
Thanks, I'd look forward to the results.

Maybe a dumb question, but, why wouldn't you put it in the bed instead of the backseat?
Road bikes are very popular in South Florida especially among thieves.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any chance you grabbed a picture of the two bikes in the bed? I haven’t gotten around to trying to see if my two fatbikes will fit - it’s one of the main concerns I have with the configuration of the tonneau cover.

Not OP, but I did just try to fit 2 mt. bikes in my bed w/ a tailgate cover (and I have the tonneau). One of the bikes is a 29 in, the other 27.5in.

It was not as easy of a fit as I would've hoped. :/

It works. But... That tonneau cover means I had to angle the bikes pretty severely. No idea if I could really get a 3rd or 4th in there.

Though I also imagine for some people who have rather expensive bikes they may just feel better with them in the cab.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Any chance you grabbed a picture of the two bikes in the bed? I haven’t gotten around to trying to see if my two fatbikes will fit - it’s one of the main concerns I have with the configuration of the tonneau cover.
Hi -- I put two bikes in the bed of mine last weekend with individual tailgate covers. Pretty tight because of the tonneau cover, but it worked out pretty well! Pics attached, hope they help!

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Thanks, I'd look forward to the results.

Road bikes are very popular in South Florida especially among thieves.
It hadn't occurred to me to try to put my bike in the back seat, so I tried it! I have a road bike that is roughly 55" long without the front wheel installed, and that is roughly the interior width of the back area of the SC, as well.

It worked really well! Though not a mountain bike, I hope this gives you a good sense that it might work out well.

Thanks for planting the seed!!

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It hadn't occurred to me to try to put my bike in the back seat, so I tried it! I have a road bike that is roughly 55" long without the front wheel installed, and that is roughly the interior width of the back area of the SC, as well.

It worked really well! Though not a mountain bike, I hope this gives you a good sense that it might work out well.

Thanks for planting the seed!!
My road bike measures the same in length with the front wheel off so thanks for confirming and sharing photos. Looks like you could squeeze in two in the cabin.

The white looks nice in your photo, I've only seen Phantom Black so far in person. Is your white flat or metallic?

·
Registered
94 Posts
My road bike measures the same in length with the front wheel off so thanks for confirming and sharing photos. Looks like you could squeeze in two in the cabin.

The white looks nice in your photo, I've only seen Phantom Black so far in person. Is your white flat or metallic?
Thanks! The white is a little tiny bit metallic, yes. I drove a blue one also before I bought this one, and the blue is a little more noticeably metallic - also nice.

Glad that it sounds like your bike will fit in the cab, also. I think fitting a second bike in the cab would be all about the pedals!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I’ll probably get a tailgate pad or eventually put crossbars on the roof and over the bed to haul more stuff but for now it is fine in the bed for local trips
Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Truck

1 - 18 of 18 Posts