Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
595 Posts
congrats!
However, PDI shouldn't take more than half an hour. If you could just go today and drive off

·
Registered
896 Posts
WOW F250 down to a SC? Pretty dramatic difference. Why the change? Curious because I didn't think anyone driving such a beast would even consider a baby trucklet.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately I don't have time to pick it up today. The black chrome front grill looks AWESOME, pictures don't do it justice.

Several reason why I am stepping down from the F250;
-We used to have a big 5th wheel but sold it because I have a mom with Alzheimer's and its hard to take the camper out. Not worth it to have a $60,000 camper gathering dust.
-I am a semi-truck driver for a living, I love the F250, but it's not "fun" to drive, and a pain in the ass to park.
-The F250 is a 2018, I paid $60,000 for it, it's paid off, getting $55,000 trade in which works out to be a 8% depreciation. I have had it 3 1/2 years and have put 38,000 miles on it. Normal depreciation for a 4 year old vehicle is about 40%. I figure I will drive my new SC for about 3 years and have some fun.

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
595 Posts
Unfortunately I don't have time to pick it up today. The black chrome front grill looks AWESOME, pictures don't do it justice.

Several reason why I am stepping down from the F250;
-We used to have a big 5th wheel but sold it because I have a mom with Alzheimer's and its hard to take the camper out. Not worth it to have a $60,000 camper gathering dust.
-I am a semi-truck driver for a living, I love the F250, but it's not "fun" to drive, and a pain in the ass to park.
-The F250 is a 2018, I paid $60,000 for it, it's paid off, getting $55,000 trade in which works out to be a 8% depreciation. I have had it 3 1/2 years and have put 38,000 miles on it. Normal depreciation for a 4 year old vehicle is about 40%. I figure I will drive my new SC for about 3 years and have some fun.
nice, would you mind sharing the transaction detail? So far we don't have many data points with limited

·
Registered
896 Posts
Hard to pass up that trade in deal. Congrats!

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
861 Posts
So, they're actually paying you to take the Santa Cruz? Nice deal!!

This is probably the best photo I've seen with other vehicles for scale reference. It really is quite small compared to regular big trucks, isn't it! Congrats on the new ride!!

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
437 Posts
WOW F250 down to a SC? Pretty dramatic difference. Why the change? Curious because I didn't think anyone driving such a beast would even consider a baby trucklet.
That is going to be quite an adjustment. Hope everything works out for you.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Congrats!! Really appreciate the pics; and the scale they portray. I've had enough black vehicles to know why I don't want to own another (way too OCD!), but after viewing you got me thinking! :love:

·
Registered
617 Posts
The plate goes above that, that spot is actually the ACC radar sensor or whatever you call it lol
Yup, which means drilling holes, which many dealerships do a really bad job of, and you don't see any press photos of SCs with plates because its not going to look good.

And they'll likely bring it to some nearby really crappy car wash place that's going to put the first light swirl marks into the paint. Sometimes they even put difficult to remove stupid dealership stickers on the back to advertise their dealership. If it were me, I would ask them to inspect for shipping damage only and not prep the vehicle as you can do that yourself.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
437 Posts
I agree with the rest of you, the front license plate holder will definitely detract from the look of the bumper. Does Hyundai make a specific holder for the Santa Cruz?

·
Registered
156 Posts

Doesn't look great, but it could be worse.

The new Bronco's placement is much worse, IMO.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts