Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Anyone have clear photos comparing the two? All the photos I can see online are close-ups and it doesn't give me a effect of how the gray looks. Thanks.
It doesn’t look grey… it’s closer to green. The photos Ive seen actually look grey and only seen one or two images where the green comes out.
in person, you definitely see the green. I ended up ordering the black leather. In Canada, they call it green…

·
Registered
1,272 Posts

Car Vehicle Plant Motor vehicle Car seat cover

It only looks gray / green when compared to the black center console. In fact in due to lighting the head rests look nearly black. Even Hyundai's official promotional / press photos have been terrible when comes to showing both exterior and interior colors. The fact that Canada calls this "Green Two Tone" and the US calls the same color "Dark Gray" proves its all in the eye of the beholder, nobody can accurately describe the color because its not very distinctive.

Here are some other pictures: First look at dark gray with orange accents interior?

I was super interested in this color until I saw photos of it... I was expecting something lighter.

This is the "grey" in the Tuscon...

Car Vehicle Sky Motor vehicle Gear shift

And where can I get this?

Car Gear shift Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part

Or this...

Car Vehicle Gear shift Automotive design Motor vehicle

·
Registered
401 Posts
Which trim are you looking at? The limited will be different from the SEL.
In Canada 🇨🇦 they grey leather is only offered in the Ultimate (Limited) trim. Black is offered in Trend and Ultimate.
Exterior wise, the Sage Grey is really green. 😂
However, under certain lighting conditions (.i.e. dark) it can look like the Hampton Grey, especially in photos 🤔

·
Registered
38 Posts
In Canada 🇨🇦 they grey leather is only offered in the Ultimate (Limited) trim. Black is offered in Trend and Ultimate.
Exterior wise, the Sage Grey is really green. 😂
However, under certain lighting conditions (.i.e. dark) it can look like the Hampton Grey, especially in photos 🤔
The original poster is from the US though. Leather is only offered on the Ultimate (not sure if it's real leather or not -- not interested in fake leather). You can only get cloth on the other trims.

Not sure about the Ultimate trim, but the biggest difference on the other trims between black and gray is the seats and maybe the center console. I think everything else is very similar. After spending way too much time looking at the differences through Hyundai's website and youtube videos, I think I will be happy with the gray interior on the SEL Premium I ordered after originally thinking I wanted the black interior.

·
Registered
2022 Ultimate, Sage Grey, Dark Green two-tone leather
44 Posts
If I would have known it was going to take forever for the dark green interior here in Canada I would have went with the black. Three months and counting

·
Registered
401 Posts
The original poster is from the US though. Leather is only offered on the Ultimate (not sure if it's real leather or not -- not interested in fake leather). You can only get cloth on the other trims.

Not sure about the Ultimate trim, but the biggest difference on the other trims between black and gray is the seats and maybe the center console. I think everything else is very similar. After spending way too much time looking at the differences through Hyundai's website and youtube videos, I think I will be happy with the gray interior on the SEL Premium I ordered after originally thinking I wanted the black interior.
In Canada there’s no option for Grey seat covering aside from the Ultimate. Any colour you want as long as it’s black. Yes, also genuine leather.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just got my Limited with Gray leather seats and orange stitching/trim today. It doesn’t have a hint of green to it. It’s a very pleasing gray, and a lot lighter than black. I’m very pleased. I might add a little bit if orange accents to the interior and exterior to continue the orange theme, but understated.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Going for the SEL. And thanks for all that, every photo I saw was super light colored or darker gray. So confusing. But yea ew if its greenish grey. LOL To each their own if you got it and like it tho :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Going for the SEL. And thanks for all that, every photo I saw was super light colored or darker gray. So confusing. But yea ew if its greenish grey. LOL To each their own if you got it and like it tho :)
I don't think the gray cloth seats in the SEL version will have a green tint. I believe that is only the gray leather. The pictures posted here were leather so I wouldn't pay attention to them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone have clear photos comparing the two? All the photos I can see online are close-ups and it doesn't give me a effect of how the gray looks. Thanks.
i have seen both black and gray interiors in person and the black seats look better since the rest of the interior is black including the headliner. Unfortunately the only SC SEL Premium I could actually get has gray clothe but the dealer said for $1200 they can change the seats to black clothe or leather.

·
Registered
Santa Cruz - Searching...
96 Posts
the black seats look better since the rest of the interior is black including the headliner.
I very much wanted the Gray/Orange until I saw the same issue you point out. Not carrying the color throughout makes it look like a half-hearted after-thought. One color on the seats with a totally different color on the center console. Even the plastic base of the seat itself does not match the upper leather.

Car Motor vehicle Car seat cover Automotive design Personal luxury car

1 - 19 of 19 Posts