Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having thoughts about the chrome front badge on my car, I'm wondering if it would look better black or flat black, or just leave in chrome in color? I don't know if anything is available.

Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle registration plate Tire

·
Registered
2008 Honda Ridgeline RTS
33 Posts
Plasti-dipped my Hyundai Logo on the grill (SEL Premium). Far from perfect, but I'll leave it for now and see how I like it. I think it would look best with a totally blacked out grill. Just not sure I have the patience to tape it all off to do it.

View attachment 3677
This is all I have seen so far

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They make a plastic carbon fiber cover from Ali express, ill try to find it and share

C$ 5.99 40%OFF | New car logo front and rear steering ABS carbon fiber texture water transfer sticker for Hyundai Tucson 2021 2022
That's pretty cool, looks like it's 3 pieces and also available in black, I'm sort of unsure if it's a hard cover or sticker, it'd be kind of cool if it was a plastic shell that attaches over the stock badge with double sided tape, either way, it's worth looking at and at that price, why not try it! I appreciate it!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
That's pretty cool, looks like it's 3 pieces and also available in black, I'm sort of unsure if it's a hard cover or sticker, it'd be kind of cool if it was a plastic shell that attaches over the stock badge with double sided tape, either way, it's worth looking at and at that price, why not try it! I appreciate it!!
I have ordered a bunch of these interior and exterior fake carbon fiber trims, its fit over original and attached with 3m tape. I got steering wheel, dash, door handle , door pulls etc

·
Registered
276 Posts
Call me crazy, and I know a number of you will, but I'm planning on Plasti-dipping the entire front grill and the lower silver trim in the front using the new Plasti Dip Luxury Metal Sapphire Black. It has a nice low gloss sheen and is not rough like the traditional plasti-dip. I'm expecting a significant amount of taping and error correction along the way. Past experience though is that with some work, you can always remove the plasti-dip and return everything back to normal if it doesn't look good or just doesn't work. The biggest issue is going to be how long it lasts as it's going to take the brunt of everything hitting it head-on. It's really more of an experiment than a long-term solution. But I really want to see (and drive) my black SC truly de-chromed with a blacked out grill. Now that the temps are starting to drop, I have to wait until there is a warm enough day for me to tackle this project. I'll be sure to post when it's done.

Plasti-Dip Luxury Metal Black Sapphire Spray Paint 11oz (autozone.com)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Call me crazy, and I know a number of you will, but I'm planning on Plasti-dipping the entire front grill and the lower silver trim in the front using the new Plasti Dip Luxury Metal Sapphire Black. It has a nice low gloss sheen and is not rough like the traditional plasti-dip. I'm expecting a significant amount of taping and error correction along the way. Past experience though is that with some work, you can always remove the plasti-dip and return everything back to normal if it doesn't look good or just doesn't work. The biggest issue is going to be how long it lasts as it's going to take the brunt of everything hitting it head-on. It's really more of an experiment than a long-term solution. But I really want to see (and drive) my black SC truly de-chromed with a blacked out grill. Now that the temps are starting to drop, I have to wait until there is a warm enough day for me to tackle this project. I'll be sure to post when it's done.

Plasti-Dip Luxury Metal Black Sapphire Spray Paint 11oz (autozone.com)
Will it look similar to this? I love how the Canadians get a dark chrome.

·
Registered
Hampton Gray SEL Premium
262 Posts
No. It'll be black for sure, not a dark chrome, and not reflective like the dark chrome. I'm hoping it'll come out close to how Kia blacks out their grills with their Nightfall editions.
Here, matte black Plastidip on my Veloster N against the stock glossy grill. Easy to mask and spray. A 15 minute job with no grill removal necessary
Tire Automotive tail & brake light Grille Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
276 Posts
Here, matte black Plastidip on my Veloster N against the stock glossy grill. Easy to mask and spray. A 15 minute job with no grill removal necessary
View attachment 4284
And I'm hoping that the new Plasti-Dip Luxury Metal product will give the matte black a low gloss finish that will make it look closer to the stock glossy black grill that you showed in your Veloster picture. I'm just not looking forward to all the masking off that I'll likely have to do.

·
Registered
79 Posts
They make a plastic carbon fiber cover from Ali express, ill try to find it and share

C$ 5.99 40%OFF | New car logo front and rear steering ABS carbon fiber texture water transfer sticker for Hyundai Tucson 2021 2022
LOVE THIS. with a totally dark grill, i will want dark rims...will I ever stop? ****, i don't even have the car yet....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts