Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Black Limited
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far I've been pretty happy with my Limited. Salesman was sort of a joke though. When I showed him some of the things it did in the vehicle walk around, all he kept saying was "Wow! I didn't know it did that!". Then he asks for a five star review rating when the sale ended! Good luck there.

Well I've had my LTD for two days now and finally getting around to setting up Bluelink. I thought it shouldn't be too tough.. HA! I went through the steps and tried everything I possibly could without success. Finally broke down and called support. Spent over an hour on the phone resetting the head unit, logging in and out of the app, reactivating the system, trying various options, all multiple times to no avail. Tech guy said he's never seen anything like this before, took a ton of info down and turned in a second level support ticket.

They're supposed to call me back in within 5 business days.
Hope this isn't an omen of things to come.

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
595 Posts
What exactly was the problem?
Mine took about 5 business days until Hyundai's sales info got updated and then I was able to register the VIN with my Hyundai owners log in. And after that it's smooth sailing

·
Registered
Black Limited
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That may well be the issue. The dealership hasn't even cashed my check yet. I'm sure it's something like that and time will tell.

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
595 Posts
That may well be the issue. The dealership hasn't even cashed my check yet. I'm sure it's something like that and time will tell.
yeah, this form of setting up vehicle connectivity in my opinion is not very safe. Anyone that knows the name, address on file could potentially create a Hyundai owner user log in and if that happens to match what the VIN sales reference from Hyundai's end, then they can claim the bluelink to that vehicle.

Toyota's connect requires that you do a pairing inside the vehicle accessing a numeric confirmation code

·
Registered
115 Posts
yeah, this form of setting up vehicle connectivity in my opinion is not very safe. Anyone that knows the name, address on file could potentially create a Hyundai owner user log in and if that happens to match what the VIN sales reference from Hyundai's end, then they can claim the bluelink to that vehicle.

Toyota's connect requires that you do a pairing inside the vehicle accessing a numeric confirmation code
Sold my 2019 Santa Fe back in November and I still get notifications when the SUV has been unlocked for more than 30 minutes, etc. There is no follow-up by Hyundai to inactivate the Bluelink once you sell your car either apparently.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium Hampton Gray
247 Posts
What exactly was the problem?
Mine took about 5 business days until Hyundai's sales info got updated and then I was able to register the VIN with my Hyundai owners log in. And after that it's smooth sailing
Sounds like maybe you had the same problem I had yesterday...when I tried to register the VIN the Hyundai system said it was already registered to another user?

Anyway, I uploaded the requested documents and will wait....

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
595 Posts
Sounds like maybe you had the same problem I had yesterday...when I tried to register the VIN the Hyundai system said it was already registered to another user?

Anyway, I uploaded the requested documents and will wait....
Mine said info submitted does not match Hyundai's record, it seems that your error was the VIN already registered, maybe if you didn't do it, somebody else from the dealership must have done something

·
Registered
34 Posts
Does Blue-link fit the definition of a vehicle recovery service for insurance purposes? Question for getting a USAA quote

·
Registered
Black Limited
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does Blue-link fit the definition of a vehicle recovery service for insurance purposes? Question for getting a USAA quote
I would think it would from reading the marketing info on it. I was surprised how low mine was for full coverage.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am somewhat befuddled by the fact that Hyundai sent me login info for the Limited I have on order. It has not reached the dealership yet but I can look at it using BlueLink (it has a low fuel warning!). Also need to work out that my 3 year complementary service has begun even though I have no vehicle. Screwy!

·
Registered
Black Limited
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am somewhat befuddled by the fact that Hyundai sent me login info for the Limited I have on order. It has not reached the dealership yet but I can look at it using BlueLink (it has a low fuel warning!). Also need to work out that my 3 year complementary service has begun even though I have no vehicle. Screwy!
HA! You must be seeing mine....I sure can't!

·
Registered
306 Posts

you do need that for pairing your phone

·
Registered
306 Posts
So far I've been pretty happy with my Limited. Salesman was sort of a joke though. When I showed him some of the things it did in the vehicle walk around, all he kept saying was "Wow! I didn't know it did that!". Then he asks for a five star review rating when the sale ended! Good luck there.

Well I've had my LTD for two days now and finally getting around to setting up Bluelink. I thought it shouldn't be too tough.. HA! I went through the steps and tried everything I possibly could without success. Finally broke down and called support. Spent over an hour on the phone resetting the head unit, logging in and out of the app, reactivating the system, trying various options, all multiple times to no avail. Tech guy said he's never seen anything like this before, took a ton of info down and turned in a second level support ticket.

They're supposed to call me back in within 5 business days.
Hope this isn't an omen of things to come.
Weird, mine set up within 5 minutes. The dealer has to connect the car up to their computer and connect with Hyundai after the sale - maybe your dealer didn't do that step. If you still can't connect you might want to go back to them (or call) and see if they did that step.

·
Registered
Black Limited
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Had my SC Limited for almost two weeks now and Bluelink has never worked. FINALLY!!!! Figured out what my Bluelink issue was. Dealer said it was all done when I picked it up and should only take 24 hours to complete... HA! The Bluelink app I installed on my phone initially said you must go to Myhyundai.com to complete. I did that but since it said I had three years of service logged, I stopped right there thinking the dealer was correct.

Little did I know (nor did Hyundai tech support people after multiple calls) that you must FULLY COMPLETE the Myhyundai.com setup online for it to work and communicate properly with your phone. The car itself said it was a successful Bluelink install but the website wasn't fully completed even though it showed paid in full until 08/2024. Once I clicked I wanted it for a yearly subscription (even though it never asked for a credit card) and I finalized the transaction, it worked like a charm! Connected to my phone instantly and now all is well.

PO'd at the dealer as they should have stepped through this instead of just saying it was ALL done! Salesman was dumb as a rock and it showed. Definitely gonna lose a star or two off my satisfaction survey when I finish it up and send it to Hyundai.

·
Registered
306 Posts
FINALLY!!!! Figured out what my Bluelink issue was. Dealer said it was all done and should only take 24 hours to complete... HA! The Bluelink app I installed on my phone initially said you must goto Myhyundai.com to complete. I did that but since it said I had three years of service logged, I stopped right there. Little did I know (nor did Hyundai tech support people) that you MUST FULLY complete the Myhyundai.com setup for it to work and communicate properly with your phone. The car itself said it was a successful Bluelink install but the webiste wasen't fully completed even though it showed paid in full until 08/2024. Once I clicked I wanted it for a yearly subscription (even though it never asked for a credit card) and finalized the transaction it worked like a charm! Connected to my phone instantly and now all is well. PO'd at the dealer as they should have stepped through this instead of saying it was ALL DONE! Salesman was dumb as a rock. Definately gonna lose a star or two off my satisfaction survey when I finish it up and send it to Hyundai.
You get three free years with the purchase.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
861 Posts
And it's far better than the three MONTHS of OnStar that GM gives you on a new vehicle!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts