Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this e-mail today, and I was curious if anyone has successfully enabled the Bluelink skill with Alexa? I found the Bluelink skill, but it won't accept my regular Hyundai login (which I thought was my Bluelink login also). I don't know if it's the wrong skill that I'm using, the wrong login, or something else yet.

Any suggestions? Would be great to remote start by voice from time to time for sure!

Automotive tire Cosmetics Eyelash Font Rectangle

·
Registered
Limited
301 Posts
The one linked above seems to be the one I used. As it says "disable skill".

I tired it a couple of times. The commands are wonky. "say lock my vehicle.". I saw that and it's doesn't understand the command.

The command it uses is "remote door lock".

So not sure it's worth the effort it use it anyways. The Bluink phone app works great and I use that 99.5% of the time.

Font Screenshot Technology Multimedia Circle

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What happens when you tell Alexa to activate the Bluelink skill?
If I do it verbally, it can't find the skill and just asks me, essentially, "do you mean this one....or this one.....or this one" etc. When I pull my logs, it understands what I'm looking for, but can't find the skill (see below). My guess is that some people got the skill installed and functional, and Hyundai pulled the skill later. So the installed skills are still functioning, but the new installs aren't possible at the moment.

I opened a support ticket with Hyundai to see what they say. It's not like this is a major thing, but definitely a "nice to have" if it's available! Thanks for sharing your experiences with it.

Rectangle Font Number Screenshot Parallel

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The one linked above seems to be the one I used. As it says "disable skill".

I tired it a couple of times. The commands are wonky. "say lock my vehicle.". I saw that and it's doesn't understand the command.

The command it uses is "remote door lock".

So not sure it's worth the effort it use it anyways. The Bluink phone app works great and I use that 99.5% of the time.

View attachment 3406
Yeah, I have a feeling that you were able to get it before the skill was made "unavailable" for whatever reason. Definitely don't disable it right now in case you can't get it back. :)

I've read a little that the skill is a little bit wonky, also, maybe they are working on it. This definitely falls under the category of "nice to have" for some use cases, like when I'm on the third floor of my house but somehow my phone is on the first, but also not a show stopper. I opened a support ticket with Hyundai to get their take, also. Thanks for sharing!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.