Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Grille Automotive design

Proud owner for a couple weeks with just under 700 miles. First thorough wash and discovered this paint imperfection around left tail light on tailgate. Haven’t been to dealer yet but plan on doing so soon. Shocking of coarse and disappointed to say the least. Don’t know what to expect from my local Hyundai dealership either. Thank you in advance for comments and or opinions.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I found a ding on the lower part of tailgate the day after I brought it home from the dealer. The dealer refused to fix since I didn't see it before driving it off the dealer lot.. The PDR place I took to have the ding fixed found 3 panel areas where there were paint imperfections. I cannot un-see those now. I learned to just accept the issues.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have a paint imperfection along the side rail of the bed (about the same level as this).

We are waiting on a replacement plastic rail (that is also scuffed), but they will be fixing the paint defect when that part arrives. You should definitely push the dealer on this.

·
Registered
Black Limited
324 Posts
Don't feel bad. I've got a black limited. It's got a run in the paint right at the drivers door handle. I see it every time I get in, but was that or a have a whole door that probably doesn't match.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got the coat of wax on and she shines brilliantly! After looking a bit more, I found another area that’s below par. I surely don’t want repainted, obvious and unmatched, period. I will live with it as suggested. Unfortunately, others have the issues too. Seams a bit sad for the Quality Assurance Department and a company who bolsters their quality.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sorry that posters to this thread have paint issues. But, on the flip side, I waxed my Hampton Gray this past weekend, and found zero flaws. I can honestly say that in 12 cars I’ve owned over the past 49 years… I believe this may be the smoothest and best paint job on any car I’ve had. Sounds from the other posts as the QC in Hyundai’s plant may have some issues.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After further thought, I believe I will press the dealer. Actually, I want an answer as to what they intend to do to rectify the problem. I get surprised and I haven’t anything to loose.

·
Registered
340 Posts
What else are they building in that Alabama plant beside the SC? I wonder if those vehicles are coming off the line with as many quality imperfections as well. Is it an issue with the plant and the workers? Is it the way the assembly line for the SC is tooled since it's a brand new vehicle? I would suspect they'd be making minor corrections along the way as they get feedback from customers and dealers about issues. When I was first shopping late last summer, some of those first vehicles on the lot had big issues with misaligned body panels, and panels where you could see that the shade of paint on one panel was lighter or darker than the shade of paint on another panel. It was ridiculous.

·
Registered
2022 Preferred w/Trend Package
137 Posts
I have a black limited and my paint chips so easy!!! Iv already touched up to spots but I also wonder if something may of went wrong with my paint?

·
Registered
27 Posts
h Glad you got it taken care of, for myself I've found my number or paint imperfections. What are you going to do, it's not a big deal at least the small things I've found on mine.Not trying to sound like I'm bashing Hyundai, but I have never found any issues with other new cars in the past eg. Toyotas, Hondas. For myself, as I age (currently 33) I have found not to sweat the small things in life :cool:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Yep, don’t sweat it. Until you go to sell and your asking price is reduced so much you cry cause anyone who looks at it thinks it was in an un-reported accident. Unless of course you find some non-discriminating person that does not look at the vehicle well and misses the fact that certain body panels don’t match - maybe then you can not sweat it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts