Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the SEL without the activity package. Unfortunately I didn’t think about not having access to aftermarket rails for the cross bars.
I know I know.

I called Thule and Yakima today to inquire about options. As expected they were unsure about any future plans for the SC. However, the bars that affix to the doors (naked roof) will be coming out soon for the 2022 Tuscon.

If the body is the exact same as the 2022 Tucson I wonder if I’ll be able to just order those for my SEL? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm not sure it will work. The SC is 6" wider, no body panels are actually shared between the two. Just the same platform.

Hopefully I am wrong. I was going the same path as you but no one at the dealership could find the roof rails...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
****. That would be disappointing. I guess my only hope is Yakima or Thule make a naked rail system specific to the SC.

·
Registered
61 Posts
But, as I think of it. My crossbars are the same part number as a Tucson, maybe the roof width is the same. I think you should measure one at a dealer.. it may be the same?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But, as I think of it. My crossbars are the same part number as a Tucson, maybe the roof width is the same. I think you should measure one at a dealer.. it may be the same?
Perhaps. That is what I am hoping for.

I’m not sure how much demand it would take for Yakima/Thule to manufacture the system needed specifically for the Santa Cruz?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts