Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I may get some hate here, but I traded my 2019 Ridgeline for a 2021 today with Carvana. I test drove several Santa Cruz’s and like the vehicle, but they are just not available in the limited trim that I want Without a 10 grand market adjustment charge. Also the sound system killed it for me. I like my tunes. The limited Bose system does not compare to the Honda.
See ya.

·
Registered
SEL AWD
240 Posts
Cars.com recently named the Ridgeline the most American-made truck (8th overall) on the market. It's also the only real competitor to the SC Limited or SEL Premium. Congrats!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Fuuny! I sold my 2022 Ridgeline Black Edition for big bucks. Except for a couple of issues it was a decent ride. Not having a real shift lever. I never got use to the fumbling for the right button to push. The auto headlights sucked right out loud. Randomly going high/low/high without rhythm or reason. It was an okay ride.

You missed out. You should have been more diligent looking for one. I waited about 6 weeks before I was able to snag one at MSRP.

Having owned both my SC is so much more fun to drive. Plus my SC was $18K cheaper than the Ridgeline. You’ll find the Ridgeline to be acceptable. Enjoy your new ride. But after driving one time at night you’ll switch off the auto headlight mode. It really is that bad.

Gusto!

·
Registered
342 Posts
I had an original 2006 Ridgeline, kept it for 3 years on a lease and turned it in. Loved it. I almost pulled the trigger on a Ridgeline this time around. However, the interior is getting a bit dated, and lacking some features. I don't think it even offers a surround-view camera on the top trim. In the end, the SC just felt more agile and fun to drive. But I do give props to the Ridgeline and you can't go wrong having bought one. Congrats!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was in a similar situation last year. Shady dealerships in the area were marking up the SC by 5k-10k. It made it impossible to get one at a reasonable price. So i bought a Maverick at msrp instead.

In my case the maverick broke down after only a few months. After it was fixed, I sold it. I found a SC at msrp and here I am.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SE NA-FWD In Idaho
1,011 Posts
The Ridgeline was on my short list since I owned a 1 gen model and liked it..The wife not so much(hated the looks) Next on my short list...was a Tacoma..I'm a Toyota fan but the last one was a 2004 Tundra.. So no experience with the newer ones
I still finding myself looking at those two when I see one :).... But so far the SC has been great and the 100% city 24 + MPG can't be beat by either of those trucks.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I test drove several Santa Cruz’s and like the vehicle, but they are just not available in the limited trim that I want Without a 10 grand market adjustment charge.
If enough people do this maybe the dealers will stop with the mark ups... oh who I'm kidding they are never going back to normal pricing :(

·
Registered
27 Posts
If enough people do this maybe the dealers will stop with the mark ups... oh who I'm kidding they are never going back to normal pricing :(
I agree and I don't believe we'll be going back to a normal pricing scheme anytime soon. Car makers and dealers are shifting to the "Just in time" delivery method which will mean far fewer cars sitting on the lots. Taking orders and paying a deductible for what you want is going to become pretty much the standard moving forward IMO. In past worse financial times dealers were bleeding money on keeping hundreds of cars on the lots at all times that I don't believe most of them are going to go back to that model.

Even when the chip shortage subsides, covid becomes completely manageable and production is back to "normal", from what I've read and heard car makers and dealers are going to be sticking to the just-in-time delivery method. Now with that being said, they'll be more frequent deliveries and customers will probably have some better choices/discounts than they do now, but the days of paying 10-15% less than MSRP are gone for the foreseeable future IMO.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Limited Phantom Black
32 Posts
I know I may get some hate here, but I traded my 2019 Ridgeline for a 2021 today with Carvana. I test drove several Santa Cruz’s and like the vehicle, but they are just not available in the limited trim that I want Without a 10 grand market adjustment charge. Also the sound system killed it for me. I like my tunes. The limited Bose system does not compare to the Honda.
See ya.

Well you know what I have to say about that? .. Congrats man! Hope she's a beaut and you get the years and money outta her! The more perspectives thrown around in here the better. And I feel you on the availability, unfortunate lol.

·
Registered
23 Posts
See ya.
I like my Limited's Bose. If the Honda's is that much better it must be near perefct

·
Registered
23 Posts
Fuuny! I sold my 2022 Ridgeline Black Edition for big bucks. Except for a couple of issues it was a decent ride. Not having a real shift lever. I never got use to the fumbling for the right button to push. The auto headlights sucked right out loud. Randomly going high/low/high without rhythm or reason. It was an okay ride.

You missed out. You should have been more diligent looking for one. I waited about 6 weeks before I was able to snag one at MSRP.

Having owned both my SC is so much more fun to drive. Plus my SC was $18K cheaper than the Ridgeline. You’ll find the Ridgeline to be acceptable. Enjoy your new ride. But after driving one time at night you’ll switch off the auto headlight mode. It really is that bad.

Gusto!
I like the Ridgeline's too, but would not have bought my SC with any crooked "Market Adjustments." I for one have never had much luck attempting to buy any Honda or Dodge products over the last 30 plus years. Both have always been take it or leave attitude and seemed overly inflexible. Hyundai, Toyota and a time or two Nissan dealers have seemed to bend over backwards to do my deals.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Total reverse, wife and I went to Honda to buy a Ridgeline, expected it to be around 55k OTD, nothing in stock, no dealer within 200 miles had one that was close to what I wanted. Was told they had one coming in 3 months, I said great expecting that I could "build" it with the packages I want. Nope, you get what they get, only option was to have the "dealer" install the packages I wanted. By the time they were done we were at $65k. For the level of tech, the old technology, and that I still couldn't get ventilated seats for $65k freakin dollars we walked away. 4 hours.... On the way home my wife said lets stop by the hyundai dealer and look at the "cute little truck". Sure dear.. sigh. Got there, no SC, the GM had his there, we checked it out, I was thoroughly impressed, they offered a price that was staggeringly cheap to what Honda just whacked me with but I was 4 weeks out. I said I'll call them tomorrow to sleep on it, next AM I did an internet search to decide if I wanted the black or grey interior, decided I wanted the grey and actually found my white limited grey interior 80 miles away. Made the call, bought it that day, paid $1400 over MSRP and have been very pleased with the decision. I have my SC "tricked" out aesthetically just about where I want it. I still think the Ridgeline HRD with all my bells and whistles and the bronze wheels is a "prettier" vehicle and I with certainty know it is more capable in the field with their AWD system than my SC but dang, for a $20k difference AND I get my ventilated seats I haven't second guessed my decision on iota.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I was going back and forth between the SC and the Ridgeline. Unfortunately, neither was available on the dealer to test drive so I never got to test drive a Ridgeline. Ultimately, I went with the SC because I've never owned a Hyundai before and wanted to give them a shot. And also because my neighbor has a Ridgeline and the thought of him thinking I copied him would drive me nuts.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts