Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Bummer... wonder if one is defective. Mine have been fine but I don't drive much either. Try replacing one side at a time with the stock bulb to see which one it is. Then I'd send the supplier a msg. Doubt they'll do anything but might be worth a shot. Best of luck.
I'm beginning to think it is the harness or a wiring issue as nothing seems to work for any period of time.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Limited AWD - Ice White
16 Posts
Yeah I did, will update the thread when I have more info - it is sporadic, not consistently reproducible.
I had the same problem with these but switching both bulbs to the opposite side fixed the issue. I did also notice that one of the bulbs was loose in the base and kept rotating once it was in the socket. Maybe that’s the issue?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just replaced the Amazon 1156 LEDs (constant dash error) with ones I got off of eBay. World of difference in size as the eBay ones are supposed to be CANBUS error free and they even have vent holes in the extended body. They are about 1/4" longer than the Amazon ones. Was getting the error code on the dash every so often and even more once they heated up in stop and go traffic and extended stoplights. So, I went ahead and changed them out to test. Held the brake on for a good 5 mins and no error! Wished I'd have checked to see how hot they get as they have about twice the LEDs as the Amazon ones did. They’re about 50% brighter as well, and I thought the first ones were bright! Almost hurts your eyes to look at them very long. Don't know if they would not be street legal if they were too bright. Also, price is reasonable and only took a few days to arrive. Will keep the group posted if the error comes back (sure hope not). Any rate just thoughtI'd pass this info along.

just wanted to let you know that after almost two months, one of my ebay led brake lights stop working, i was traveling so I had to stop at an Autozone and buy a halogen bulb to stop the dash notification.

·
Registered
'22 SC Limited Hampton Gray
283 Posts
Cheek Head Hairstyle Facial expression Human

·
Registered
2022 SC SEL Premium 2.5T AWD - Ice White Solid
61 Posts
This top of the list 1156 red led canbus free looks promising from Amazon
Amazon.com : 1156 led bulb red canbus error free,
these in particular...Alla Lighting BA15S Bayonet 3497 1156 CANBUS LED Bulbs Red Turn Signal Lights, Plug-n-
but the reviews are mixed with many of these type bulbs, some cars it works in without errors and some not.
I had some alla interior LED's in my Fe. Garbage LED's. Every few weeks they would start strobing after being replaced. Never did work right.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Limited AWD - Ice White
16 Posts
I did the same thing and just received them a couple of days ago.

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
96 Posts
And so it begins...
Azure Rectangle Font Parallel Handwriting

Started getting warnings this afternoon about turn, then brake lights, on driver's side. Looking at them in the backup camera in front of a glass building, they're all working but maybe the upper bulb on driver's side is a little dim. It's not a huge difference but I suspect that's the culprit. Looking at the ground in surround camera or blind spot camera, the driver's side is definitely throwing less light.

Tomorrow I may try moving the top bulb to the other side to see if the warning follows it.

I'm off to talk to the seller myself. If it's just a fluke bulb, no big deal, but I think we see enough already to prove it's probably not just going to be that one bulb this one time.

I'd definitely pay a higher price for reliability. There is an upper limit to that price and it is less than I'm going to find those VLEDs Extreme Red for, but I'm sure popping out the taillight assemblies will get old pretty quickly so I'm not sure what the limit is. Even if the seller will keep sending replacements for the duration of the warranty I'm not sure I want to be doing this every couple of months

·
Registered
283 Posts
For $200 total, the VLEDS Red 50 LED 1156 and the VLR6 resistors are an amazing value. Bright output and rock solid reliability. I am sure they will be having a Christmas sale, which should net you down to $140. (y) :)

Reactions: 12V and soldthetaco

·
Registered
61 Posts
For $200 total, the VLEDS Red 50 LED 1156 and the VLR6 resistors are an amazing value. Bright output and rock solid reliability. I am sure they will be having a Christmas sale, which should net you down to $140. (y) :)
But I don't want to have hanging wires like you discussed lol. I bought Philips LED's for my reverse and license plate lights (I had amazing results with Philip's in my 2020 Fe, but terrible luck with everything else) and will be installing them Monday. Which leaves my brake lights/blinkers.... I really wish there was an option without hanging wires....

·
Registered
283 Posts
But I don't want to have hanging wires like you discussed lol. I bought Philips LED's for my reverse and license plate lights (I had amazing results with Philip's in my 2020 Fe, but terrible luck with everything else) and will be installing them Monday. Which leaves my brake lights/blinkers.... I really wish there was an option without hanging wires....
Ummm..... I never mentioned "hanging wires"? You may have me confused with the OP soldthetaco?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ummm..... I never mentioned "hanging wires"? You may have me confused with the OP soldthetaco?
My bad, I thought you were the poster that "broke down and cut the factory zip ties" then posted a pic of where the wires are hanging. I also have a degree in electrical engineering but don't want to ruin my warranty lol.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Plus, I'm getting on in age (32 lol, but two tours in Iraq, which makes me old) and don't want to do a whole lot to achieve my goals with this truck. I actually love it factory, which is a lot from me.

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Out of curiosity, where did you stick the transistor to?

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
My bad, I thought you were the poster that "broke down and cut the factory zip ties" then posted a pic of where the wires are hanging. I also have a degree in electrical engineering but don't want to ruin my warranty lol.
yeah, the extreme red triton solution will have the wires and sockets "dangling", but I use tape to wrap the wires and sockets to provide extra tension support so I don't see the metal having fatigue anytime soon. Plus electrical tape can prevent rubbing into the actual wires so the setup should last a long time.

the extreme red triton have performed flawlessly over the past 2 months and counting since I put them in, even during severe use case such as drive thru and stop and go traffic

·
Registered
283 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
96 Posts
Thank you. I'll keep an eye out for that sale, that would be a great deal. They look good and plenty bright in your video on your conversion thread.

41 - 60 of 96 Posts