Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Available in the Chicagoland/Northern Illinois Area. I replaced all of my mats and not longer need these. Make me an offer.

·
Registered
25 Posts
How is the surface underfoot? They look fairly hard and slippery in the pix.
Not sure how to answer that or what your asking. They are exact same as any husky or weathertec I've owned. Don't feel slippery but I always have shoes on when I drive .

·
Registered
199 Posts
Not sure how to answer that or what your asking. They are exact same as any husky or weathertec I've owned. Don't feel slippery but I always have shoes on when I drive .
I guess what it seems is that the Smartliners look more plastic than rubber, which gives it an appearance that it would be more slippery when you have wet shoes sliding on them. But if you're saying that they don't feel slippery, then I'm thinking that they just "look" plastic but are really rubbery, is that correct?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Smartliner 22 Tucson fronts. 80$
I guess what it seems is that the Smartliners look more plastic than rubber, which gives it an appearance that it would be more slippery when you have wet shoes sliding on them. But if you're saying that they don't feel slippery, then I'm thinking that they just "look" plastic but are really rubbery, is that correct?
I was going to ask the same question. I don't like the hard plastic mats that weather Tech makes. I wanted the thick rubbery all weather mats that will eventually be available as OEM. But I did look at the smart liner. Maybe I'll check them out now that I read that they are more rubbery.

·
Registered
Limited
168 Posts
Smartliner is a "Low-Density Polyethylene" and Weathertech is a "High-Density Tri-Extruded".

The couple Smartliners I saw looked almost greasy. They did have some texture to give it a nice appearance. The Weathertech is more of a matte look and finished nicely as well. I think the Smartliner was the slightly more flexible of the two. May have been due to the material or thickness of the two. I didn't have them side by side to compare. Smartliner warranty is much better as it is a lifetime warranty.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts