Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Interestingly….that device has a tubular look similar to the OEM side steps….and I think the two (side steps & the nudge guard) might compliment each other in looks, installed on the SC?

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Limited White, Alfa Romeo 4C white/red, 996 Turbo violet metallic, 1M white, MSMiata red
135 Posts
It has only 2 attachment point to the frame. That’s pretty weak. Pun intended

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Limited in Blue Stone
517 Posts
Watching the video (sound off), the bar definitely looks weak. Only two bolts holding it to the frame. The thin blades where the tube itself is mounted to look like they would fold easily without much more force than a nudge. Looks more decorative than protective.
The SC is not listed in their website vehicle selection, nor is any 2022 models.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I don't really find it all that decorative to be honest. I would prefer something that incorporates a light bar and skid plate. Something more substantial. Especially when you are looking at the $400 price point for a simple piece of black tube.

Reactions: EddieV

·
Registered
510 Posts
It seems to be available on their website currently. Definitely want one!

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
It seems to be available on their website currently. Definitely want one!
Looks like the bottom bar is going to be in the way of the radar on the Ultimate, 2023 SEL Premium trim… not an issue with lower trims.

·
Registered
22 Ice White SEL Activity AWD
260 Posts
You might be able to pull your kids power wheels jeep out of the mud with that, or maybe save your grill if you hit a small animal. But purely cosmetic. It might just end up looking dopey once on. I'd have to see it in person.

·
Registered
2004, Ram 2500, cummins turbo
40 Posts
I'm not liking it, doesn't fit the sc, I've had them on power wagons and jeeps, but really, the sc, how many of us are going to push through brush, saplings, winch yourself out, etc. I've done it all, when I was a kid banging around off road, through the woods, hunting. This looks more like a wannbe.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I have to agree. Why is It we can’t dress up the SC? So it does not compete with a Ram diesel 1500 with a ”real” nudge bar. Does that have to be the goal? Who buys a unibody and has those expectations anyway? Why must the SC be the next roadside recovery vehicle of the decade?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts