Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
So its like the config builder/inventory finder from every other brand...but just hosted on amaozn.com. Cool I guess. Just glad to see Hyundai finally have the 360 exterior/interior views and a modern configurator.

·
Registered
2022 SC Limited Hampton Grey
228 Posts
So its like the config builder/inventory finder from every other brand...but just hosted on amaozn.com. Cool I guess. Just glad to see Hyundai finally have the 360 exterior/interior views and a modern configurator.
I read it as being exactly that. So basically utterly useless.

This is just a way to think make you think you can order a car directly from Hyundai like any other product until you wind up getting stuck working with whatever crappy dealers are in your area.

I don't care if supply is low and demand is high and it takes 6 months to get a car. I just want direct sales. Anything less then that is just business as usual with the website essentially just being fancy advertising.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I imagine the problem is their agreements with their dealer network prevent them from setting up direct sales that would compete with them.

But perhaps they could enforce dealerships run a true online sales engine as part of Hyundai standards. Dealerships can still set prices, but they would have to set a price you can order from on their website.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,313 Posts
I just don't understand why Hyundai USA can't run an order system the same way Hyundai Canada does. Order, deposit, wait, pick it up. No mark-ups, no hassles, and you get exactly the model and colour you want. It seems so incredibly basic, yet the whole process in the US is a freaking Gong Show.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I just don't understand why Hyundai USA can't run an order system the same way Hyundai Canada does. Order, deposit, wait, pick it up. No mark-ups, no hassles, and you get exactly the model and colour you want. It seems so incredibly basic, yet the whole process in the US is a freaking Gong Show.
I can see it as one of two reasons. Either they have agreements with their franchise holders that they won't setup direct sales in competition or.... they don't want to let go of the dealer franchise system because in lean times they can force dealers to buy inventory which buffers them to an extent when their are dips in demand.

Are all dealers franchised in Canada or does Hyundai operate some of them directly?

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,313 Posts
All franchises, as far as I'm aware. The one I deal with was family owned until there was a bit of corporate amalgamation in the last few years, with a couple of big business families gobbling up dealerships. Lots of brands under just a few owners around here now. Luckily, they're all generally pretty good and I know some of the owners personally.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I’m all in for this, as an Amazon Prime subscriber I’m expecting Next day Prime delivery 🚚 🤓
Unfortunately that’s not what this is. Instead it’s get you excited, make you think you are ordering a vehicle for direct delivery, be redirected to the same dealer who insists you come in in person only discuss price and just want to know what’s the most you can pay per month.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Unfortunately that’s not what this is. Instead it’s get you excited, make you think you are ordering a vehicle for direct delivery, be redirected to the same dealer who insists you come in in person only discuss price and just want to know what’s the most you can pay per month.
Lol… I was being facicious… 😂

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.