Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been surprised to find myself interested in the SC. Especially as I am old and an "active" day
means an hour walk on a level trail with wifey and a PT workout in the same day! LOL.

But after years of owning trucks, I find the combo of the hard tonneau, bed extender and in bed trunk very appealing...
And what is the "activity package?"

Can someone provide a link to an SC configurator? That actually works. (Thanks.)

Owners out there-is it easy to get into the driver's seat. We sold our Outback a few years ago after my back injury as the roofline was really low.

Have not found an area dealer with a Santa Cruz yet.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Welcome! Unfortunately, there is no configurator up at the moment on Hyundai's website. The "Reserve Now" page which has extremely limited configurations was just updated to show only two future trims. The recent web page change is either because Hyundai figures they have reservations for the allotted available trims (unlikely as I believe some people have located/bought their SC without a reservation), or (hopefully) it is an indication that a real configurator is coming soon. Wait and see, I guess. I've only been on this forum for a few days and while everyone here is obviously excited for the SC, it seems Hyundai has somewhat botched the introduction of the SC with limited and/or confusing information. They've also given only the highest Limited trim to reviewers to look over, which gives only a partial view if someone wants a cheaper, less optioned trim. Again, I think the SC is going to be a great vehicle for those like us that are looking for some truck-like capabilities but without having a "truck".

·
Registered
2006 Frontier
56 Posts

The above post should show the content of activity package...hope it works I'm on the road and using my tablet...like you I'm a senior person concerned about ingress and exit of the vehicle...hth

·
Registered
350 Posts
Here is what is included in the Activity Package on the SEL - everything in the package then is standard on the SEL Premium or Limited.

The one thing you may try is using their locator to find ones similar to what you want to see details there.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Welcome!
I’m 71, been driving full sized pickups for more than 40 years. Not that I really needed one, just that’s what I was used to.
I just sold a 2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 crew cab and purchased a Santa Cruz Limited. While I’ve only had my SC for a week, I can say that I’m not missing the Chevy at all.
Our other vehicle is an Outback. The Santa Cruz is a bit higher and easier to get into. Another thing that got us to buy the Limited are all of the safety features that are included.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome! Unfortunately, there is no configurator up at the moment on Hyundai's website. The "Reserve Now" page which has extremely limited configurations was just updated to show only two future trims. The recent web page change is either because Hyundai figures they have reservations for the allotted available trims (unlikely as I believe some people have located/bought their SC without a reservation), or (hopefully) it is an indication that a real configurator is coming soon. Wait and see, I guess. I've only been on this forum for a few days and while everyone here is obviously excited for the SC, it seems Hyundai has somewhat botched the introduction of the SC with limited and/or confusing information. They've also given only the highest Limited trim to reviewers to look over, which gives only a partial view if someone wants a cheaper, less optioned trim. Again, I think the SC is going to be a great vehicle for those like us that are looking for some truck-like capabilities but without having a "truck".

The lower trims have been reviewed, just not by the big channels (they're not press cars, just from a lot). If you search "Santa Cruz SEL" on youtube there's a few results.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome!
I’m 71, been driving full sized pickups for more than 40 years. Not that I really needed one, just that’s what I was used to.
I just sold a 2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 crew cab and purchased a Santa Cruz Limited. While I’ve only had my SC for a week, I can say that I’m not missing the Chevy at all.
Our other vehicle is an Outback. The Santa Cruz is a bit higher and easier to get into. Another thing that got us to buy the Limited are all of the safety features that are included.
I am also in my 70's. Funny how life changes.In 1984 we bought a house that was heated with wood. Got my first truck-8' bed D150. Added helper springs to cope with weight. Now we just haul garden refuse to the township compost dump-or stuff from Home Depot!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I am also in my 70's. Funny how life changes.In 1984 we bought a house that was heated with wood. Got my first truck-8' bed D150. Added helper springs to cope with weight. Now we just haul garden refuse to the township compost dump-or stuff from Home Depot!
I carry fishing rods, kayaks and or an inflatable pontoon boat in mine. Maybe a recycling run once in awhile. I wanted a comfortable truck with plenty of bells and whistles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts